Sign in to follow this  

Riding with camera.....

Any of you folks own any cam and record when you are riding?  And what do you have?

I saw a few clips on Youtube of people using those little $15 Chinese cam you can get on Ebay and they seem to work well...... and for only 15 measly bucks too!  I don't know bout ya'lls, but that sounds like a great deal compared to your fancy smancy GoPro.

Any of you folks own any cam and record when you are riding?  And what do you have?

I saw a few clips on Youtube of people using those little $15 Chinese cam you can get on Ebay and they seem to work well...... and for only 15 measly bucks too!  I don't know bout ya'lls, but that sounds like a great deal compared to your fancy smancy GoPro.

Please just prove to us you even ride, spend your $15 and record your next trip riding your super duper fast race built CR 125.

• Like 9

Please just prove to us you even ride, spend your $15 and record your next trip riding your super duper fast race built CR 125.

Well, I asked "mL26" if she could teach me how to ride so I'm still waiting on that.  And when I do, I'll make sure to pop a wheelie just for you and record it with my cool little $15 cam I got off of Ebay!

I use a Go-Pro3 and a 2. It's cool but here's the problem. Video files are BIG and if you film a bunch like I do... well it required a pc upgrade for storage and editing. I have no idea how much video I even have. It's a stupid amount that I..ah shit I want to ride not goof with cams all day. I now just turn it on when things look like the could get speedy or...or...we have a noob out with us. Always some good stuff to be had.  :thumbsup:

I use a Go-Pro3 and a 2. It's cool but here's the problem. Video files are BIG and if you film a bunch like I do... well it required a pc upgrade for storage and editing. I have no idea how much video I even have. It's a stupid amount that I..ah shit I want to ride not goof with cams all day. I now just turn it on when things look like the could get speedy or...or...we have a noob out with us. Always some good stuff to be had.  :thumbsup:

I've got a GOPRO 2 HD with two (2) 32gb cards, and probably about 10 batteries now.  The batteries die way before the cards ever get full.  The GOPRO seems to have a feature to shut off after 2 hours of riding which works out really good when burning them onto DVD's intact.  There really isn't any fuss when it comes to GOPRO's unless you're messing with all the bells and whistles.  Mine is pretty much plug and play.  I mount it to my helmet, turn it on, and ride.  When I get back after 90 minutes, it's still records for about 30 more minutes then shuts off.  When you turn it back on, it starts a new recording.  After the first 32gb is full, I insert the 2nd and do it all over again.  Both cards can hold up to 3 days of riding with plenty to spare.  It's just too bad the batteries don't last as long. :devil:

Well, I asked "mL26" if she could teach me how to ride so I'm still waiting on that.  And when I do, I'll make sure to pop a wheelie just for you and record it with my cool little $15 cam I got off of Ebay!

mL26 already offered you the best advice anyone could......get out there and ride! I'm thinking that if you are unable to take that advice, perhaps LovingOffroadPain would be a better instructor. I think his sort of encouragement may have more impact on you than that of mL26. He would probably even post some epic videos enabling you to salvage your reputation, and perhaps woo your crush. Good luck

I have a Hero 2 and Hero 3+ Black. I think it's a great learning tool. You can see where you need to pick up the pace! I always believe you get what you pay for.

If your really interested in a camera and want to save, look at the Liquid goggles. They have a camera built right in.

Currently I have a Swann Freestyle HD that I picked up for $100. Came with mounts, remote, LCD. Nice "go pro" rip off, but priced right...decent picture. I also have the JVC Addixion (first gen) and it has great picture quality, so far better than the GP vids I've seen, the 2nd Gen camera is supposed to be a really good camera. The mounting options are poor though, so I got a "tripod convertion thingy" and use it on GP mounts. 

I started with a $40 vivatar camera.....waiste of $40, but it did get me into the better cameras and they are fun to own/use....even though you will not use all the vieo that you shoot, it is fun to watch.

I bought a couple of those $15 md80 ebay cameras or whatever they are. They're pretty crappy. Whenever I want to take a video of a jump that i just finished or something, I just zip ty my iphone to my chest protector. Works surprisingly well. Nobody cares enough about my riding to watch more than 30 seconds of it so I have no need for a go pro.

• Like 1

Don't know about the china ones but go pros are pretty cool. We run em sometime and it's always funny as hell watching somebody fly off the bike or me trying out my front flip skills... Well their cool until a branch makes your helmet cam it's beouch..

• Like 1

Panasonic VHS camcorder :thumbsup:

PutI1TcQ.jpg

I remember those days!

Made your neck sore in a couple laps.

• Like 3

He does ride.  I was really curious and sort of was doubting him a bit.  I wanted to see some pictures or riding videos, so I PM'ed him.  He sent me some riding footage of him and his buddies:

• Like 3

The way that dude ragdolls in video, reminds me of watching James Stewart race.

Lmao

• Like 2

I've been using a Sony action cam as10 on the road for a year, and now on the dirt. I have it mounted on the side of my helmet. It's a great camera, about 160 bucks now. It is a few years old but it still takes great video... Not as good as a hero 3+ but I'm cheap!

The go pros are good, songs new as100 is competitive as well. I really like em.

Any of you folks own any cam and record when you are riding? And what do you have?

I saw a few clips on Youtube of people using those little $15 Chinese cam you can get on Ebay and they seem to work well...... and for only 15 measly bucks too! I don't know bout ya'lls, but that sounds like a great deal compared to your fancy smancy GoPro.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400686705.378191.jpg
  • Like 1