Sign in to follow this  

Can't decide. 2014 350 xcf-f Vs. xcf-w.

Need some advice on which 350 would be the best bike for me.  I live in southeast Kentucky and race senior B harescrambles.  Most courses are true single line but some of the series run fast 2 track quad trails.

I picked up a '13 350 XC-F this spring. I came off a 200 XC-W. Obviously not apples to apples but the W tranny has such a low 1st gear and tall 6th. I mostly run B harescrambles and play ride with a few old enduro guys. I don't miss the low gearing at all or the softer suspension. I rode my 200 on an mx track or two and wasn't very pleased. I have ridden my 350 on a couple mx tracks already and had a great time on it, just some minor adjustments to the clickers to stiffen up from woods riding. I miss the two stroke but the 350 is a great bike, can't go wrong with it.

Depends,if you want linkage or not. I have been on link less bikes for 8 years and don't see a need for it, so a W for me. I also like the wide ratio as the 350 lacks highway gears anyway.

I think the motors are also different now. The W is a bit milder with more bottom end.

If you're not going to be running wide open roads and such all the time I would get the xc-f. I think it's better suited for harescrambles. Especially if your harescrambles take you onto the mx track. I got one and love it. But I don't ride on the road, or race any enduros with long road transfer sections either.