Black rubber piece what does it do

So I was adjusting my radiator hose and found that this black rubber piece is not connected all the way and have no idea what it is

Dad dats it's dust cover but idk

Bike is a 03 kx125

Plz help cuz I go mudding and don't want any water to get in if it's not supposed toImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400629659.147657.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400629677.198388.jpg

Call me strange, but I just asked him to be my TTalk friend.  I'm not here to make enemies, guys.

I'm not here to make enemies either, and I don't hate the guy or anything, I just don't understand him. I don't get the point of trying to be deliberately argumentative and controversial on what is essentially a combination technical forum and social site. The funny thing is, I don't think he's as ignorant and inexperienced as he tries to portray himself based on the way he words his posts, so I have to conclude that he simply thinks it's funny to be controversial and provocative.

If he would just act normal, try to be helpful when he can, and stop arguing when he doesn't know the correct answer to something or blatantly posting something he knows to be incorrect, there wouldn't be an issue at all.

• Like 4

We would have all been banned from KTMTalk by now on account of HP.. they don't allow "disrespectful" comments lol

Yes, we're all guilty of that from time to time. Fortunately the TT mods and admin only intervene if things become disruptive to the point of scaring new or existing members away. At that point it's hurting the site and they have to take action. But as long as that isn't happening they are extremely tolerant and allow us an extraordinary amount of leeway. I've belonged to sites that would suspend and ban members for the tiniest of infractions, and that takes all the fun out of things. TT's way is much better.

I used to be the Admin for a site called dirtbike.com. It doesn't exist any more because the owner sold the domain name, but I ran that site very much like the B's run this one, only taking action when absolutely necessary. And the site thrived as a result.

• Like 4

Yes, we're all guilty of that from time to time. Fortunately the TT mods and admin only intervene if things become disruptive to the point of scaring new or existing members away. At that point it's hurting the site and they have to take action. But as long as that isn't happening they are extremely tolerant and allow us an extraordinary amount of leeway. I've belonged to sites that would suspend and ban members for the tiniest of infractions, and that takes all the fun out of things. TT's way is much better.

I used to be the Admin for a site called dirtbike.com. It doesn't exist any more because the owner sold the domain name, but I ran that site very much like the B's run this one, only taking action when absolutely necessary. And the site thrived as a result.

Which TTalk member has the most posts by now??  The most I've seen is from TheKoolaidMadeMeSick, he has double your posts Chokey

Which TTalk member has the most posts by now??  The most I've seen is from TheKoolaidMadeMeSick, he has double your posts Chokey

LOL I have no idea, I've never worried about such things. I don't really care about post counts. Hell, I didn't even realize I had 11,000 posts until I looked just now because of your post...?

When we still had the fuel gauge system, where you could give members "good gas" or "bad gas", I never knew I had the third highest "good gas" on the site until Ud-luz told me. Things like that aren't why I come here, I just enjoy it. 

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 2

LOL I have no idea, I've never worried about such things. I don't really care about post counts. Hell, I didn't even realize I had 11,000 posts until I looked just now because of your post...?

When we still had the fuel gauge system, where you could give members "good gas" or "bad gas", I never knew I had the third highest "good gas" on the site until Ud-luz told me. Things like that aren't why I come here, I just enjoy it. 

Agreed.  What kind of bike do you ride?  What terrain you prefer?

• Like 1

I ride a 2002 KX250. I prefer riding nasty steep technical mountain trails, and until I moved to Florida that's what I rode, on a KDX250. But then I moved here 13 years ago, and there ain't no such thing as even a hill here, much less a mountain.?

I got rid of the KDX and bought the KX because even the trails here are just beat up miles-long sandy whoop sections, and the KDX suspension just couldn't handle it. You need a motocross bike here even for trail riding. So now I ride what passes for trails here, and I had to learn how to do motocross tracks since that's mostly what I have available for riding. But I still won't jump big jumps unless they're table tops, I'm to old for that shit...

But I LOVE riding in sand. It's soft when you fall, and wet sand is the ultimate in traction.  ?

• Like 1

Lol people really hate hp here. It's just a dust cover, it should just push back in. You might want to pull the PV cover and insure that it's on there right.

Like I said, I don't hate him. I'm actually indifferent about him. I just choose to ignore most of what he posts just because I know he's only trolling most of the time. He would find that his threads got a lot more participation if he'd quit trolling, so it's his loss, not mine.

I ride a 2002 KX250. I prefer riding nasty steep technical mountain trails, and until I moved to Florida that's what I rode, on a KDX250. But then I moved here 13 years ago, and there ain't no such thing as even a hill here, much less a mountain.?

I got rid of the KDX and bought the KX because even the trails here are just beat up miles-long sandy whoop sections, and the KDX suspension just couldn't handle it. You need a motocross bike here even for trail riding. So now I ride what passes for trails here, and I had to learn how to do motocross tracks since that's mostly what I have available for riding. But I still won't jump big jumps unless they're table tops, I'm to old for that shit...

But I LOVE riding in sand. It's soft when you fall, and wet sand is the ultimate in traction.  ?

You don't need an mx bike to ride florida trails , i was 17 years old riding a yamaha maxim 400 cruiser ? Seriously talking bout having your hands full, but that's what i had,  i rode it everywhere . 5 of us total, 3 of us had street bikes and the other 2 had enduros . Best friend rode a 80s model Suzuki SP 125 we always had to wait on him that thing wouldn't do 80 mph. if you dropped it from a plane ? . We always rode those big sand filled sink holes around Dunnellon , fun times.