Sign in to follow this  

YZ125 Power Valve Question

Have a quick question. Are the collars on the power valve shaft supposed to move from side to side? Mine seem to have too much play. The previous owner had the seal on the shaft (circled on pic) to eliminate the play but it's not supposed to be there. (The seal was taken from the other side of the shaft where the power valve linkage is.) Could the springs be weak? Short collars? Or is it fine if they move from side to side? Thank you in advance. 

DSCN5317.JPG

The oil seal should be where it's supposed to be the play should be fine as long as the springs stay connected to the power valves

• Like 1

Replace the oil seal . Those collars just keep the torsion springs from canting over and falling of the pins and are designed to have loose tolerances. Next time you have it apart check the inner shaft for wear from the springs. Also check those smaller pins for wear.

• Like 1

Replace the oil seal . Those collars just keep the torsion springs from canting over and falling of the pins and are designed to have loose tolerances. Next time you have it apart check the inner shaft for wear from the springs. Also check those smaller pins for wear.

What do you mean by replace? Put it back on the linkage side or back on the shaft where it's circled? The pv shaft has slight markings where the springs were but it's smooth. The pins do have little grooves on them but I don't think they cause a problem. Everything seems to be fine when I move it with my hand but I was afraid that at higher speeds something might break. Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciated. 

The oil seal should be where it's supposed to be the play should be fine as long as the springs stay connected to the power valves

Ya that's what I thought but was having second thoughts. Guess I'll just put everything back the right way and hope it's gonna be fine. Thanks for the reply. 

What do you mean by replace? Put it back on the linkage side or back on the shaft where it's circled? The pv shaft has slight markings where the springs were but it's smooth. The pins do have little grooves on them but I don't think they cause a problem. Everything seems to be fine when I move it with my hand but I was afraid that at higher speeds something might break. Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciated.

If the seal is not damaged, install it where it should be or you will get spooge leaking down towards your PV linkage arm.

No worries mate.

If the seal is not damaged, install it where it should be or you will get spooge leaking down towards your PV linkage arm.

No worries mate.

Yup, that's what I thought. Just had to make sure I understood you correctly. Thanks again.