Sign in to follow this  

California Stewards of the Sierra National Forest Fundraiser/Dual Sport ride

The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest are putting on our 5th annual fundraiser/adventure dual sport ride. It will be on July 19 & 20th in Oakhurst, CA at the Elks Lodge. 

This years optional Dual Sport adventure ride will be around 220 miles over two days. 

You can get more info and sign up at www.sotsnf.org

Come out and help us raise funds to keep trails open and get new trails added to the system.

Did this ride last year, rode Friday-Sunday.  Will be doing the same thing this year.  Friday up to Shuteye and then........ :devil:

Right before the Shuteye ranger lookout tower:

SOTSNF.jpg

Lunch stop

SOTSNF1.jpg

Flat fix

SOTSNF2.jpg

Edited by KennyMc
  • Like 2

Did this ride last year, rode Friday-Sunday. Will be doing the same thing this year. Friday up to Shuteye and then........ :devil:

Right before the Shuteye ranger lookout tower:

attachicon.gifSOTSNF.jpg

Lunch stop

attachicon.gifSOTSNF1.jpg

Flat fix

attachicon.gifSOTSNF2.jpg

Looks like a good time. Doing a little exploring tomorrow. :devil: Edited by Rack

Looks like a good time. Doing a little exploring tomorrow. :devil:

You need to figure out if I am stopping by on my way home from Tahoe.......6/21 :goofy:

You need to figure out if I am stopping by on my way home from Tahoe.......6/21 :goofy:

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Did this ride last year along with the shuteye peak side trail, absolutely amazing. At the Banquet raffle I won the Vintage Motorcycle award with a Hodaka Combat Wombat side case mounted to the plaque, apparently my '00 XR650R was the oldest bike on the ride haha! Pretty sweet.

Dumb&%$#@! :smirk:

6/21 does not look like it will work. As we get closer plans may change though.

I'm In for this ride. anyone else going?

Maybe. Gonna be plated next month.

What kinda range do you need for this ?

Don't know, maybe a gallon farther than you got..... :p

Flyer says 70-75 for gas at lunch stops.

Edited by KennyMc

big tank....steal kyles jet secrets...

damnit just realized i need race gas  :facepalm:

Weight, due eye no ewe :thinking:

Hey with a name like his i'd be careful kenny.

Edited by ADAM_3rd
  • Like 1

Hey with a name like his i'd be careful kenny.

I've turned my back on him before.  He might be joining us on the ride so...... :jawdrop:  :naughty:  :moon:

Was trying to get a pre-ride on 6/21 but apparently Rack (less) is ball (less) as well :smirk:

This is going to be a great event.  We got the route finalized and it will be around 120 miles on Saturday with both hard and easy routes.  Saturdays route will head out to Jones Store for lunch and gas and will take you back out by Bass Lake.  Sundays route is heading up through Miami trails and out to Triangle for lunch and gas.  Great BBQ and raffle Saturday night.

• Like 1

I'll be there, but will not make the pre-ride festivities on Friday.

• Like 1

I'll be there, but will not make the pre-ride festivities on Friday.

What the #$@$ you miserable little $#%$  ^@#@ KTM lovin &$%$  @&*^  %#$@.  Ok, sorry to hear that.

Do we have a navigator for the weekend?  I haven't replaced my GPS and don't see it happening by then....

What the #$@$ you miserable little $#%$  ^@#@ KTM lovin &$%$  @&*^  %#$@.  Ok, sorry to hear that.

Do we have a navigator for the weekend?  I haven't replaced my GPS and don't see it happening by then....

Do you feel better not that you got that out...:smirk:

I know Chopnwood has a roll chart, Rack(less) has GPS and roll chart, I may install the roll chart on my scooter again.  I was going to get a mount for my gps, but I haven't and may not have one by then either.

Do you feel better not that you got that out... :smirk:

I know Chopnwood has a roll chart, Rack(less) has GPS and roll chart, I may install the roll chart on my scooter again.  I was going to get a mount for my gps, but I haven't and may not have one by then either.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do, thank you for asking ;)

What GPS do you have?  I still have the mounts for the 60Csx, I just don't have the expensive part.....the actual GPS :lol: