Sign in to follow this  

KTM 65sx Wont Start

I bought a KTM 65sx with bad crank bearings, i tore it all apart replaced the crank bearings, put all new seals in the bottom and, put a new piston in it and put it all back together. I used a Nihilo Concepts tool to set the deck height/ time it. It ran before i tore it down just had a nasty sound to it. Now that it is all together it has spark but won't start. If i let it sit for a long time with the gas on it will start running out the exhaust. Is it that temperamtely that it is flooding right away? I have rebuild bikes jet skis and snowmobiles numerous times but i am stumped on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Late reply but here goes:  I have had difficulty starting my boy's KTM 65 SX's after rebuilds.  I may have been a little heavy handed with 2-stroke oil lubing the bearings.  I had to kick it a lot with throttle held wide open and lots of smoke once it fired up.  You also have a high likelihood of fouling the plug with the 2-stroke oil load.  So, have a few spares handy.  

Did you get it sorted out?