Sign in to follow this  

My Perspective On The ThumperTalk Forum

I have been a member of some huge world wide forums and many more ranging  from motorcycles, trucks, guns, guitars, oil, engine building and so on.

I have also been a moderator on a few forums.

Most of the forums had lots of drama, pissing contests and bad information. They also eat the newbies for breakfast and I expected nothing less from Thumpertalk.

Wow was I wrong. You guys are very professional, don't tolerate any petty fighting and don't eat newbies for breakfast.

This is by far the best forum I have ever been on and is run better than any forum I have ever been on.

I want to say thanks to the forum mods for doing such a good job and I want to thanks very much to Cragio, Wisconsinite, 150ron for all the time they took to et me squared away with mu jetting and pipe install. I also want to say thanks to all the others that helped me out. You guys rock. 

Thanks again for making me feel so welcome here and keeping me on the right track with the mods I choose.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 13

I completely agree. I also frequent many other forums and this one has been by far the most helpful. It really is a pleasure to be a part of, as most other forums are exactly as you described. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

When I get bored I go and read old threads on the GSXR forum's, those guys are hilarious. Non stop bickering and 90% of the time it's all worthless incorrect information.

When I get bored I go and read old threads on the GSXR forum's, those guys are hilarious. Non stop bickering and 90% of the time it's all worthless incorrect information.

i want to see send a link?

Www.gixxer.com

lmfao! First thread i click these guys are bagging on this dude for breaking his shifter off lol

Www.gixxer.com

You don't have to find an old thread, trolling and bashing is still going on.

I've never given into the most stupid threads, just ignore the trolls (there and all other forums)

I have been a member of some huge world wide forums and many more ranging  from motorcycles, trucks, guns, guitars, oil, engine building and so on.

Most of the forums had lots of drama, pissing contests and bad information. They also eat the newbies for breakfast and I expected nothing less from Thumpertalk.

Wow was I wrong. You guys are very professional, don't tolerate any petty fighting and don't eat newbies for breakfast.

This is by far the best forum I have ever been on and is run better than any forum I have ever been on.

I want to say thanks to the forum mods for doing such a good job and I want to thanks very much to Cragio, Wisconsinite, 150ron for all the time they took to et me squared away with mu jetting and pipe install. I also want to say thanks to all the others that helped me out. You guys rock. 

Thanks again for making me feel so welcome here and keeping me on the right track with the mods I choose.

Thanks everyone.

When there are guys like you on the forum , it makes helping out so much more rewarding....I am sure other regulars would agree......

..Mate.....Hats off to you for your thoughtful words...... :cheers: ...  :applause:

• Like 4

Cragio, Wisconsinite, 150ron

These three!  You guys are a huge help, thanks for all the time and shared knowledge!   :cheers:

• Like 3

To be fair, you guys are very self moderated. I think the DR-Z rider demographic is just more mature, chill and willing to help. We do our best from a moderating standpoint, but some forums like Pro Racing (motorcross), despite our best efforts can be a little rough. So, hats off to you guys. You make our jobs pretty easy! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Thanks everyone.

Agreed...now you can show your love by becoming a supporting member! :D

Edited by Joehio
  • Like 2

And a GREAT PARTS STORE!

• Like 2

YES! As a newbee I totally agree, this is the best Fourm that I am, or ever have been a member of!  Great people, great advise, no silly drama, and just a great place for information!  Thanks to all of you that have made this what it is.

• Like 1

I've been here a while and I agree.

I have been a member on many forums over the last 15 years and helped moderate on a couple of large forums too. I haven't looked at the other areas of thumper talk but this part of the forum is extremely well behaved and I am glad to be a member here.

That last big Eddie thread could have easily got out of hand but it didn't.

I used to post on the advrider drz400 thread but I seemed to have a "stalker" who disagreed with every post I made so I just left. There wasn't that much good info there anyway. Although their buy/sell/trade area is a lot busier than the one here.

Thanks to everyone here for acting like adults!

• Like 1

Agreed...now you can show your love by becoming a supporting member! :D

Will do.

• Like 1

enduro riders are serious about riding and most have alot of experience, enough to know where the funs at outside of the whole racer/scary harley dude image thing, so theres not as many morons .. how i see it ..

• Like 2

To be fair, you guys are very self moderated. I think the DR-Z rider demographic is just more mature, chill and willing to help. We do our best from a moderating standpoint, but some forums like Pro Racing (motorcross), despite our best efforts can be a little rough. So, hats off to you guys. You make our jobs pretty easy! :thumbsup:

Something else that is great about TT IMO is that when someone quotes or likes your threads it shows up when you first log on,  that way if someone quoted you and asked a question you can see it and reply,  other forums do not have that,  so most times you will not know someone quoted you.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.

You missed all the 'fun'. A few years back, it was awful around here. Of late, it is a LOT better and the jabbering is a lot more good natured than it used to be.

Good stuff.

• Like 1