Sign in to follow this  

What to do to my 05 KX250

Hello TT, just picked up a showroom condition KX250. Thing is bone stock. But I just ordered a JD Jet kit for it. I will also be taking an FMF Gnarly pipe off my dad's kx to match up with the jet kit. I will be trail riding with this bike. Do any of you have suggestions on what mods to do for trail riding? I like the hit of the 2 stroke so FWW is out.

You can tune that without wasting money on a JD kit.  Like KDX said, you want to spend your money on revalve for sure.  And by someone that knows those forks.

BTW - I think I saw that on CL.

Agreed w/ suspension work. Also, yo umay like the hit of a 2 stroke. But as for trail riding, it's not the hit, it the ability to lug the engine without stalling.

Not sure about yours, but our 05 has no hit. It pulls hard from idle to overrev. Maybe its just my build.

I already bought the JD jet kit. We have it on my dad's kx and the throttle response Is insane. And sappers it's not a crazy hit but you can definitely feel when the bike really wants to go. KXs do have a pretty nasty bottom end compared to my old 02 Cr250. Thing was a slug.

I agree on the re-spring and re-valve for the first thing that needs doing, it'll make it such a nicer/easier bike to ride.

Maybe a skid plate and hand guards for it too,

• Like 1

I agree on the re-spring and re-valve for the first thing that needs doing, it'll make it such a nicer/easier bike to ride.

Maybe a skid plate and hand guards for it too,

Skid plate probably needs to happen. And I don't really like hand guards. I am just gonna run unbreakable levers

lol.  They're called hand-guards for a reason.  Otherwise they'd be called lever guards.  Also, if you buy frame guards you need to buy ones for an 05.  03, 04, 06-07 are different.