Sign in to follow this  

Alabama Where to ride in N.E. Alabama

I live in Boaz and I'm looking for some good free trails to ride within a 30 min drive. Also in 95 I lived in Helena at the end of Coalmont Rd, AKA Valleydale. There were some pipeline trails and someone told me they made a 30 mile loop. Does anyone know if I can still ride there? Thanks for any help.

Nah man I live in Jasper but I'm new to the bike side of things. Everyone around here goes to The Ridge in Springville, Al or Stony Lonesome ORV Park in Bremen, AL. Not really close to you but you could make a day out of it with friends.

Nah man I live in Jasper but I'm new to the bike side of things. Everyone around here goes to The Ridge in Springville, Al or Stony Lonesome ORV Park in Bremen, AL. Not really close to you but you could make a day out of it with friends.

Thanks for the reply.  I plan on going to the ridge and Stony lonesome. which do you like best?

Yesterday I went to Moto Mountain in Fairmount, GA.  Had a blast, I hope the parks in AL are as fun.

I've never been to the ridge mostly bc I just started riding on two wheels and it was, at the time off limits to quads. Stoney is a fun time but if I had to choose on a dirt bike if take the ridge. My brother rides a lot and he loved it when he went. They have a website just google it. It does cost to get in but what doesn't now days.

I've never been to the ridge mostly bc I just started riding on two wheels and it was, at the time off limits to quads. Stoney is a fun time but if I had to choose on a dirt bike if take the ridge. My brother rides a lot and he loved it when he went. They have a website just google it. It does cost to get in but what doesn't now days.

I plan to check them both out soon. thanks for the info.

You should check out North Alabama Trail Riders Association. They have some club owned trails. Become a member pay your dues and you ride their trails and meet other riders.

I need to do that.  Do you know about the trails in Helena/Pelham?  I may have to just go one day and see, but its a 1 1/2 hour drive one way.

I've road their trails in Westpoint, Tn and they are nice. Lots of elevation changes. There are u tube videos of them out there. I think that's kinda straight north of you, don't know how far it is tho

I knew they got hit but I thought it was cleaned up by now. Worth the wait I suppose lol

Man I wanna go sometime soon. Gotta get tires for my truck for I can make the trip. We'll have to get together some time and go. I could probably get a group of 3-4 when I go. Like I said I've never been bc I just started riding 2 wheels so it's on my list.

Alright it'll be a little bit before I go anywhere but I'll give you a heads up if we decide on it.

I'm not sure how much of colemont is still open for riding. The last time I went was a couple years back when we use to go to the firing range regularly. I know they closed down the brantleyville bowl several years ago. I've been trying to find some good places in the area myself

I'm not sure how much of colemont is still open for riding. The last time I went was a couple years back when we use to go to the firing range regularly. I know they closed down the brantleyville bowl several years ago. I've been trying to find some good places in the area myself

Hey thanks for the info.

Update. Still haven't found out if you can still ride coalmont, but they started drilling and mining again and there's alot of areas they have trenches blocking. Not much of a prob for me, I've found some trails lately, even got to test myself and the pig on a 4 wheeler trail that I will not be attempting alone again as it was meant for 4x4 atvs and not an xr650l with 50/50 tires

I live in Sardis, 5 minutes from Boaz. There's always people of ATV's going to a place they call Penitentiary Holler, but I don't know it's exact location, or what it's like. Its in Sardis, I do know that.