Sign in to follow this  

I Rode A 2014 450SX-F

A friend of mine let me loose on his new 450.  Of course the first thing I noticed was the weight difference compared to my Sx.   And the second thing I noticed was the little red button on the bars, that fired this overweight Godzilla to life.  I got on the track, and noticed the power delivery was very smooth, torquey from idle all the way to the top.  It wasn't harsh at all.  For an overgrown pit bike, it turned very well too.  The front brakes were easily manageable with one finger.  At one point, I got a little frisky with the rear brakes and stalled the motor.  I hit the little red button and never broke stride.  The suspension was a little firm, but my friend is a big ole boy, and I'm about a buck 50, but very rideable.

I have one 450 left in my herd (07 CRF450R), and have no plans to own another one…….but, If I were to loose my mind a buy another one, it would be a KTM thumper.  

I'm guessing they are reliable as my 2 Sx's? 

If you loved the 450, try the 250 2T. That little beast will blow your mind. I have the factory edition, but i love ridin my wifes 200xc. Its ultra light, but i need to learn how to jump on her bike. its lighter in the front so i land more ass first then together...

If you loved the 450, try the 250 2T. That little beast will blow your mind. I have the factory edition, but i love ridin my wifes 200xc. Its ultra light, but i need to learn how to jump on her bike. its lighter in the front so i land more ass first then together...

I have a 13 and 14 250sx.  And yes, they're light, nimble, fast and plenty of power.

Do you mean a 250f?