Sign in to follow this  

Cr250 or kx250f?

Hey guys I need help on what to get...
I'm 13, 130lbs, 5'6(Pretty big for my age I know..)
I have a pretty good experience with quads. And I once owned a ttr-90 and I loved it.
My old quad was a yfz 450 I was better then most of the friends with it. It had some good torque but none of it scared me. But now I really want a dirt bike and no more quads.I really would want the cr250 so I can grow into it but I want a kx250f to trail ride. But I'm kind afraid of how expensive repairs and stuff would be on the kx250f. Also forgot to add this, I ride trails 60% of the time and ride on a track 40% of the time.

Please help!

Edited by Zale

250f's aren't to bad in maintenance. You will have to adjust the valves every so often and do the usuall maintenance such as, oil change, air filter clean, bearing regreasing, and chain/sprockets. These are easy to ride in the woods because of the great low end grunt these bikes produce.

The 250 smoker is a little faster than the 250f but not by much. These just require top ends more. Top ends could last up to 30 hours to 150 hours. It depends on how much you ride and abuse it. These are a little bit tougher in the woods so you have to clutch it alot more ib tight areas.

I suggest you get a 250f. Good power and would fit you just fine.

• Like 1