Sign in to follow this  

Crf450 weep hole

I have a 2011 crf450 with approximately 2 hrs on the machine. When I shut the bike off after a ride. A tiny amount a coolant weeps through the coolant check hole, not even enough to drip to the ground. The manual says this is normal. But is there a way to stop it completely. Maybe a high pressure radiator cap? Thank you

Why would a high pressure radiator cap make the weep hole stop leaking?  I dont see the logic in that.  If you make the coolant system hold even more pressure, my mind says if anything it would make it leak more.  And if its dripping just enough to form a drop but never drips, that dosnt sound to bad, after all, thats kinda the point of the weep hole?

• Like 2

I have a 2011 crf450 with approximately 2 hrs on the machine. When I shut the bike off after a ride. A tiny amount a coolant weeps through the coolant check hole, not even enough to drip to the ground. The manual says this is normal. But is there a way to stop it completely. Maybe a high pressure radiator cap? Thank you

There is an acceptable amount of leakage on most types of seals. This is because a dry seal will overheat and become damaged- a tiny loss lubricates the seal. I would say that if you aren't losing any real amount of antifreeze, don't worry about it.

Don't block the weep hole.

It weeps for many reasons, here's a few.

#1 it realized you were putting it away.

#2 it realizes that it will never match the greatness of the KTM.

#3 it weeps because of its lack of power.

Well, I could go on but, heck you get the point.

Lol

• Like 1

^lol no no and NO! Nah if that water cannot escape through the weep hole then it builds up there and travels through the next seal over which leads to your trans oil annnddd that that'll get ugly quick

• Like 2