Sign in to follow this  

Shock clevis material ?

Is h15 alloy a suitable material for a shock clevis ? It's a copy of a linkage wp shock clevis so it's really beefy not like a ohlins that's almost tiny in comparison

Is h15 alloy a suitable material for a shock clevis ? It's a copy of a linkage wp shock clevis so it's really beefy not like a ohlins that's almost tiny in comparison

Hey Mog, is this a project still going did you do something with it?

Would be interestiing to know

Was working on it 5 minutes ago , got a clevis made in 6081 t6 I think , it's been a nightmare or a project , might ride it tomorrow will let you know the results

Was working on it 5 minutes ago , got a clevis made in 6081 t6 I think , it's been a nightmare or a project , might ride it tomorrow will let you know the results

Are you making your own shock then? :) that could be fun

It's a kyb shock body from a yzf 250 2009 , the shock has the big reservoir , then the shaft is from a 2006 kx125 so it's 16 mm and a hand made milled clevis , skf seal head and a ti 4.9 spring from a 2006 , the assembly is 0.6 km lighter than a the wp original which is a nice weight saving , but it's been a horrible project !!!!

• Like 2

It's going into my sxf 250

• Like 1

Finally made some progress , it's all fitted and working , it does have a different feel to a Wp and much more like a wp trax , it was a super bumpy hard pack track with tons of acceleration chop and breaking humps , it swallows them unlike the Std one even when revalved , it doesn't transmit the track to the rider like a wp does , it still coped with hard landings well and didn't bottom harshly , over all really pleased and after 5 20 minute sessions I feel fine , im 42 now with a shoulder injury so that's often not the case after a good amount of riding

Edited by mog
  • Like 1

It displaces more fluid through the adjuster and can cause a spike in the hs , the later kyb went back to 16 mm shaft as did the factory bikes

• Like 1

Finally made some progress , it's all fitted and working , it does have a different feel to a Wp and much more like a wp trax , it was a super bumpy hard pack track with tons of acceleration chop and breaking humps , it swallows them unlike the Std one even when revalved , it doesn't transmit the track to the rider like a wp does , it still coped with hard landings well and didn't bottom harshly , over all really pleased and after 5 20 minute sessions I feel fine , im 42 now with a shoulder injury so that's often not the case after a good amount of riding

it feels as good as the traxx shock?

It's simular in feel but I'm not saying it's the same or as good or better or worse , it's just one track and I'm going against memory , what I want to do is get Karl ace with me at a track and test this shock (once stiffened a bit ) against the best wp revalved shock and also one I have(wp) with a smaller port piston and see which one feels the best

It's simular in feel but I'm not saying it's the same or as good or better or worse , it's just one track and I'm going against memory , what I want to do is get Karl ace with me at a track and test this shock (once stiffened a bit ) against the best wp revalved shock and also one I have(wp) with a smaller port piston and see which one feels the best

Which piston did you use for smaller port if i may ask mog?

Did you try GV?

It's a vrs piston came in a shock from eBay

how about the rebound needle adjuster did you make your own or used the KYB ones?

I used one from the yzf shock , I was not sure it would work with the 16mm rod but it does