Sign in to follow this  

Extended clutch and brake cables

Do any of you fellers know where I might find some extended cables for my Real yeller E? Thinking of putting on 2" risers and atv bend bars to make it more comfy to stand while boogeying. Help a brother out. Thanks

You don't need extended cables. There's enough slack in the stock ones. If they kinda bind at full lock, just rotate the grip so the cables are on the bottom side of the bars.

Speaking from experience.

• Like 2

You don't need extended cables. There's enough slack in the stock ones. If they kinda bind at full lock, just rotate the grip so the cables are on the bottom side of the bars.

Speaking from experience.

Very good my man.  That's what I needed was real world experience on the situation.  Thanks for the help.  Carry on!

• Like 1

With 2" risers and significantly higher bars, you MIGHT need longer cables. Let us know how it works out. I have 2" risers and new bars (not as high as yours) on order.

• Like 1

my bike has super high bend bars on and the clutch cable wore out in only 5000 klms . it wasn't until it broke that i noticed the large downward angle the clutch cable was on

• Like 1

i have 6 1/4" rise bars, with stock cables. the routing needed a small tweak, but it's fine. yes, i look like lurch. 

• Like 1

i have 6 1/4" rise bars, with stock cables. the routing needed a small tweak, but it's fine. yes, i look like lurch.

Lmao. Hey we all gotta be something buddy. I feel like my bike should be riding me most of the time! :D:D:D:D

• Like 1

Jesus!

Did you buy your risers from the snowmobile shop?

Haha.

• Like 1

If you use the OEM cable(s) and at full lock there is resistance , you need the correct length cable(s)

+1

one thing about Motion Pro cables, I paid to have cables overnighted to me on a road trip but the cables were wrong (maybe I got E model cables and not S model cables) so I ended up with buying new OEM cables

maybe TT could get MotionPro to make a standard 2" extended cable you all could sell here, I know I was gonna buy the anti-vibe Rox Risers but I knew the stock cables were not really long enough without binding

• Like 1

Jesus!

Did you buy your risers from the snowmobile shop?

Haha.

no risers, just bars. "raptor high bend"