Sign in to follow this  

my YZ80 has no front brakes...

my yz80 has no front brakes. I've tried to bleed the system, and it has done nothing. although i did notice that the master cylinder reservoir is ripped around the edge, and looks entirely to big for the cylinder. I'm thinking whole i bought this from just threw in one that they had lying around. could this be the smoking gun?

Went through the same thing on a rm85. I think the thing just expands from age. New ones are like 6 bucks.. Keep bleeding and hit the brake line while bleeding to shake any bubbles free. Keep going, it will work..

• Like 1

Went through the same thing on a rm85. I think the thing just expands from age. New ones are like 6 bucks.. Keep bleeding and hit the brake line while bleeding to shake any bubbles free. Keep going, it will work..

Like Joel said! I've had them take a long, long time to bleed before. And sometimes, the mastercylinder needs a rebuild kit. Just a thought.

thank you joel and maniac. yeah i bed them for a good 15 minutes and nothing. I'm in the process of buying the new reservoir seal. i cleaned out the cylinder, and she look pretty. so once the seal gets in ill give it another try. fingers crossed. ill let u know if it does the trick

thank you joel and maniac. yeah i bed them for a good 15 minutes and nothing. I'm in the process of buying the new reservoir seal. i cleaned out the cylinder, and she look pretty. so once the seal gets in ill give it another try. fingers crossed. ill let u know if it does the trick

That seal doesn't matter one bit while bleeding. Keep trying, it will go. It took me a LONG time to bleed my first few brake systems.