Sign in to follow this  

Easy clutch lever

hey guys , is there some easy clutch lever that worth the money ... im starting to do some wheelies with my drz and my clutch lever seem to long and to hard to pull if i have only 2 fingers on it .and i cant pull it way down with 2 fingers because my two other fingers are in the way. so do you have some suggest?:)

The Righteous Stunt Clutch is supposed to reduce pull effort and is available in 3 different lengths. http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/domestic/levers.html

I don't have any experience with it though.

Most people switch their levers out to Zeta's or ASV's 

It would probably be a good idea to lube up your clutch cable, because if it is dirty/under lubed it could be making clutch the pull very hard.

work out your forearm a bit, sounds a tad bit weak.. lol  :p

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 1

thanks i will check that! i think most of my problem is that the lever is too long. i think first off all i will cut it a little bit and check if its better.

DRC  Hard Ware 3-finger short lever for the drz400 are available from Wheeling Cycle Supply for about $8.95 and are a direct fit.Another is the 3 finger Pazoma pivot levers that rival the DRC Zeta pivot levers.There is also the Rally 491 from Rough & Road,a magnesium 2-finger levers from Japan with slight modification. 

+1 on the $8 short drc levers..have over 40,000miles on mine, been through numberous crashes on street.. no damage..and i dont use handguards

Edited by 707LAKE

DRC  Hard Ware 3-finger short lever for the drz400 are available from Wheeling Cycle Supply for about $8.95 and are a direct fit.Another is the 3 finger Pazoma pivot levers that rival the DRC Zeta pivot levers.There is also the Rally 491 from Rough & Road,a magnesium 2-finger levers from Japan with slight modification. 

The DRC short levers are just barely shorter than the stockers. I got them to clear my hand guards but I wouldn't consider them a shorty lever. But for only 8 bucks or so, shortening them wouldn't be a big deal.

• Like 1

Theres no need really for a expensive solution.

You may want to consider, if you haven't already, adjusting the position of the perch. if you move it away from the grip, assuming you have room, then naturally you are shortening the lever (kinda) and changing the pressure point on the lever. if its further away from the pivot you will be applying way more pressure for the same pull than if you were pulling it closer to the pivot. 

As always, a good clutch cable and correct adjustments make a world of difference!

Edit:

I have no bulking getting in the way of the travel of the lever.. assuming you have lights then the switches may interfere?

Edited by Gloamhawk
  • Like 1

The DRC short levers are just barely shorter than the stockers. I got them to clear my hand guards but I wouldn't consider them a shorty lever. But for only 8 bucks or so, shortening them wouldn't be a big deal.

I agree I got them to clear my handguards too. Was surprised they really aren't much shorter but did the trick for me. Can't complain at all for the price! Still like them but a little shorter would be great.

• Like 1

Theres no need really for a expensive solution.

You may want to consider, if you haven't already, adjusting the position of the perch. if you move it away from the grip, assuming you have room, then naturally you are shortening the lever (kinda) and changing the pressure point on the lever. if its further away from the pivot you will be applying way more pressure for the same pull than if you were pulling it closer to the pivot.

As always, a good clutch cable and correct adjustments make a world of difference!

Edit:

I have no bulking getting in the way of the travel of the lever.. assuming you have lights then the switches may interfere?

you are right i can move the perch so i will start with that thanks!

I have the RSC 1 finger clutch lever. It does reduce the pull effort. Its small enough to work nicely with a rear hand brake. But its also only one finger and if your stuck in traffic your finger gets a nice work out. The version I have is the ball bearing one. I dont feel a difference between the cheaper version.

photo_zps65677aae.jpg

I have the RSC 1 finger clutch lever. It does reduce the pull effort. Its small enough to work nicely with a rear hand brake. But its also only one finger and if your stuck in traffic your finger gets a nice work out. The version I have is the ball bearing one. I dont feel a difference between the cheaper version.

photo_zps65677aae.jpg

I have the regular length rsc lever and love it. I spaced it out from the grip so that it only comes in contact with two fingers and doesnt touch the third even when pulled to the bar. Love the easy pull. I actually just swapped it over to my rm250 to try out as it has a much harder pull than the drz ever did.. now back to the zeta levers that came with the bike, which is still good just a bit long and not as easy of a pull. I think the drz has a pretty light pull to begin with so maybe you need to lube or replace your cable?

I think the drz has a pretty light pull to begin with so maybe you need to lube or replace your cable?

I agree, the DRZ clutch is an easy pull. Especially compared to a Harley or something like it. Heck even the TW200 I used for the MSF course had a harder pull than my DRZ. The only thing I have ridden that was easier was my old 2002 Suzuki JR80.

• Like 1

Here's another vote for the Righteous Stunt Clutch. Mine is excellent. I have one of the very first ones released and it still works like new years later.

• Like 1

photo_zps65677aae.jpg

What'd you do with that clutch lever sensor?