Sign in to follow this  

Ontario Ganaraska Forest Ride Thread

Looking for someone to ride with in the Ganny?  Post up when you want to ride and your skill level and we will see if this evolves into something that works.

Include what parking area you are plannig on using P1, P2 etc.

BTW, they are really cracking down on guys riding there with no passes. They were ticketing all vehicles in the parking areas that did not have passes on their windshields and guys riding without them. Both OPP and the Forest Patrol were out. Definitely suggest having all your paperwork.

Usually ride from Blackstock area to the Ganny. E108 / Boundary Road. Play around a bit in the single track. Head to Rhino's in Bewdely for a bite, then back.  Blue plated DRZ400 on Kenda Trackmasters. Sort of an "intermediate" rider.

Hey fellas, I hear they are cranking down on the granny. Don't mind paying the park pass but insurance can be a bitch. You guess ride anywhere outside the granny boarders? I am sorta half way to intermediate and will pretty much travel anywhere. Peace

Hey fellas, I hear they are cranking down on the granny. Don't mind paying the park pass but insurance can be a bitch. You guess ride anywhere outside the granny boarders? I am sorta half way to intermediate and will pretty much travel anywhere. Peace

If it's a green plate only, insurance is easy. I paid $135 for the year 

it's like a 400$ ticket if you get caught riding without insurance anywhere but your own backyard. 

Thanks for advice fellas but my driving history is less then perfect. It would be more then 400 to insure me.

Call Nicole McCann: https://www.statefarm.ca/agent/CA/ON/Newmarket/Nicole-Mccann-1G05X1YS000

Dirtbike insurance is different than regular vehicle insurance (as long as you're only going for green offroad plate.) They sorted me out in like 10 minutes for $135 flat rate.

Wow nice man thanks. See what I can sort out. You riding canada weekend anywhere?

Gotta get the brakes on my XR400 sorted out tomorrow, but I'm hoping to ride the Ganny this Sunday. What are the conditions like out there these days? 

After that, I'm away on vacation until July 13th. I read in another thread about a riding school at the end of July: 

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1091268-riding-school-for-those-interested/

Might be worth checking out.

Instead of just tooling around in the Ganny, why aren't you guys racing WEC, or OO? You get to ride in some pretty cool places, and find out what riding, and fitness level you're really at. No insurance needed either

Going to ride the Ganny on Sunday July 20, open as far as time and starting point. Intermediate to fast single track speed.

Anyone interested in riding?

Going to ride the Ganny on Sunday July 20, open as far as time and starting point. Intermediate to fast single track speed.

Anyone interested in riding?

I'll be there in red f150 fx4 parking at boundary rd p2 I think 930 or 10 am . Healing up after large get off still sore shouldn't be riding yet. if you see me say hi . Riding 250 ktm xc,

Sounds good. I might be solo as my buddies are all bitches. I'm alright to tag along? If I can't keep up its fine. I love the single track stuff.

Sorry about not responding Kevin, power out yesterday bye the time it came back on i was out did not see your reply till this morning, as far as your pace goes i just got back into riding last season and first time going to ganny was last week just a trail rider the back is not the greatest these days so i tend to take it easy,  

• Like 1