Sign in to follow this  

Carb slide

Anyone ever had this problem? I was having some crazy idle issues and hanging throttle. Took the carb apart and found this. New slide on the right one out the carb on left. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400688712.691441.jpg

. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400688233.918573.jpg

Found it.  Interesting thread.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1067842-125-only-starts-if-fuel-is-poured-in-cylinder-ideas/

Still looking to figure this one out. I have cleaned the carb thoroughly 3 times, all jets are new, needle is new, plug new, gas 30:1 redline oil new, choke pull is in great shape, new reeds and box, air filter clean and oiled, 20 hours on new top and bottom end - great compression. Bike WILL NOT START unless i pull plug and pour in fuel.  Then starts right and will continue to start the rest of the day - assuming it stays warm.

I think it may be the throttle valve. Obviously the original one has several large chips thinking this is causing an extreme lean condition when starting the bike.

E548A72D-F22E-4BCD-BEF2-62080C3C7B9B.jpg

7C9BC6B3-DBB5-4465-8115-0FC12C978B9B.jpg

It needs replacing anyway and wil do so ($175 :jawdrop: ) but wanted to get some collective thoughts on if this could be causing the issue.

Much obliged!

Edited by magpie5

Yea just want to know what caused this problem and if it's common?

And where did that chunk of slide go?  Hopefully parts of it aren't embedded in your cylinder wall.

When the chrome starts flaking off, the slide should be replaced.