Sign in to follow this  

Suspension upgrades?

I probably will not spend the cash to do it but.... the boy is racing his crf70 in hare scrambles.. probably another year before he steps into a 65 2 stroker if he even goes that route. Seems the brakes and suspension are lacking on these bikes and not a lot of upgrades available that aren't pitbike looking gangster rides. any suggestions?

I probably will not spend the cash to do it but.... the boy is racing his crf70 in hare scrambles.. probably another year before he steps into a 65 2 stroker if he even goes that route. Seems the brakes and suspension are lacking on these bikes and not a lot of upgrades available that aren't pitbike looking gangster rides. any suggestions?

Not a lot you can do with brakes.  But stiffer fork and shock springs help out quite a bit.  BBR sells them and so do some other folks on Ebay.  

Sorry, not to hijack your thread but I have a suspension question as well.

My daughter is quickly sprouting legs, so I would like to lift our CRF70 up a couple inches.  Any way to do it without dumping a lot of $$ into aftermarket suspension parts?  I think she would rather ride it and not have to deal with a clutch like on our CRF80.

Thanks!

Sorry, not to hijack your thread but I have a suspension question as well.

My daughter is quickly sprouting legs, so I would like to lift our CRF70 up a couple inches.  Any way to do it without dumping a lot of $$ into aftermarket suspension parts?  I think she would rather ride it and not have to deal with a clutch like on our CRF80.

Thanks!

If its a crf, then you can get a tall seat to add a few inches.  There are extended swing arms, but depending on who you purchase, it can be up to a few hundred dollars.  Then you need a brake link and chain to fit it.  For forks, you can throw on a set of XR or CRF 80 forks and triples, but that will require extra length on the throttle and brake cables.  How old is she and how well is she doing on the bike as far as confidence.  an XR or CRF80 is a pretty tame bike, but it does have a clutch.