Sign in to follow this  

What year did the TE250/310 go on a diet?

Hi Guys

I am looking for a used TE250/310 and was told that somewhere in the last several years that the TE's weight was reduced by 30lbs or so.

Anyone know what year the weight dropped and if its true?

Also, any years to avoid that I should know about?

Thanks

Hi Guys

I am looking for a used TE250/310 and was told that somewhere in the last several years that the TE's weight was reduced by 30lbs or so.

Anyone know what year the weight dropped and if its true?

Also, any years to avoid that I should know about?

Thanks

250 went to the new engine in 2010. 2010 310s are the last of the old model engine. I think 30lbs is a bit of a stretch BTW.

• Like 2

yeah, 30 lbs, I don't think so. BTW, my 07 TE510, with a full Ti Leo Vince exhaust and getting rid of alot of the standard crap, turn signals, mirrors, factory headlamp, Balistic battery, some other minor things, only weighed 260, on the certified scale on base the other day, that was with around a half gallon of gas as well. I know that's not exactly fly weight, but not too shabby IMHO

My 2011 x-lite blackhead TE310 in full race ready form (my particular form-2012 TXC310 ECU and 12 port injector), with some weight off some weight added, big weight off items battery and oem muffler, big weight on CH Racing alloy skid plate. The thing weighed 266 with a full tank of gas on a nascar quality pad scale set up. FYI.

As you see it here-race ready.(2010 TC250 Ti muffler lost 4lbs out back big handling difference without all that tail weight)

aug2012LHS.jpg

Edited by robertaccio

Thanks for the replies everyone.

So 2010 250 and 2011 310's have the new engines.

I figured the 30lbs was a crazy amount.