Sign in to follow this  

Full pro circuit head '13?

Anyone with knowledge or experience with pc? I just got a call from a buddy whos selling a pc head port polish valves springs cams all pc...it has one race on it last year before the rider signed with Yamaha...so my question is if its worth the 500$ he wants and what should I expect from it...I run 50/50 race and prem pump with my stock setup already...would I need to run full race? Stock piston and crank be ok? Will I have to remap? Basically what are the pros and cons...thanks for any advice!

Anyone with knowledge or experience with pc? I just got a call from a buddy whos selling a pc head port polish valves springs cams all pc...it has one race on it last year before the rider signed with Yamaha...so my question is if its worth the 500$ he wants and what should I expect from it...I run 50/50 race and prem pump with my stock setup already...would I need to run full race? Stock piston and crank be ok? Will I have to remap? Basically what are the pros and cons...thanks for any advice!

yes $500 is worth it but there's a catch, your only part way there. Yes you need their piston to tie it in being 14:2 your crank will have a short life unless you send it off to crank works for balancing and bearings. Race gas at 100% is a must! Now your rebuilds are cut in half as far as hours. 35 hours for entire motor

K thx mx...still havent ripped the head apart on my blown motor to see valves seats etc...if they are pouched it would be better to send stock head out for rebuild then use the pc one? I'm just a weekend warrior riding farm tracks and the odd old timers race.

Basically what your saying is meshing half pc with half stock would equal bad news?

Basically what your saying is meshing half pc with half stock would equal bad news?

basically yes. The head your looking at alone is around $1500 in labor and parts. But striking the balance of reliability and power is tough but as a weekender your going to cost you double/triple to ride

If you can get that head for $500 go for it. You have nothing to loose. As long as you can be sure the run time on it is what he's telling you.

You can bolt it onto your stock lower end and it isn't going to hurt anything.

It isn't going to make the power a full blown PC engine would, but thats fine.

Yeah it might be a little more expensive to rebuild when the time does come if it has their valves in it

but you probably could put stock valves back in it too, as long as their not different in size.

And you won't need to run any different blend of race gas if you run a stock piston and stock CR.