Sign in to follow this  

I have a new husaberg te 250...need some handguards for enduro riding.  What do you guys prefer these days?  I have ran the cycra probends in the past.  They are good but I dont like how they mount and they seemed easy to strip out the threads.  

I found some bark buster brand EGO's that look nice but they are expensive...I also found some Tusk D-flex that look almost identicle to the bark busters at half the price.  What do you use?  Do you like them and why?  Thanks!!!

Hand guards look ugly on dirt bikes.  It just seems really tacky to me..... but if you just gotta have it to look "cool" in your book, Ebay $15. 

Now go show them off to the neighborhood kids.

Hand guards look ugly on dirt bikes.  It just seems really tacky to me..... but if you just gotta have it to look "cool" in your book, Ebay $15. 

They have to look better than your hand/wrist would after hitting a tree at race pace...

• Like 8

I had enduro engineering on my wr. I now have tusk on my crf... The tusk guards are pretty good for the price! The shields integrated into the aluminum piece so the don't rattle. My 2cents...

The mounting bracket on the tusks looks like it pivots at the bar clamp...Seems like it would make mounting easier with less bending.

Buy your own damn handguards!!!!!

Sorry about that, wrong thread. I run the Moose basic barkbusters on all my bikes now. I seem to get a lot of crashes out of them for the money.  

Cycras, one good fall and they'll pretzel on you- soft, cheap junk. ProMotoBillet's setup is nice but too expensive.

Enduro Engineering busters and Bonz clamps would be my choice for bling and strength if I were to go that route:

p6250014l.jpg

• Like 5

I use enduro engineering one. They work good and a little cheaper than the cyrcas. I never had a problem with them.

I have a new husaberg te 250...need some handguards for enduro riding. What do you guys prefer these days? I have ran the cycra probends in the past. They are good but I dont like how they mount and they seemed easy to strip out the threads.

I found some bark buster brand EGO's that look nice but they are expensive...I also found some Tusk D-flex that look almost identicle to the bark busters at half the price. What do you use? Do you like them and why? Thanks!!!

Enduro engineering!

End of discussion, done!

I have the tusk dflex handguards, and have yet to break them. Cheap and they they work soo...I would get them again no problem

Edited by Tlopez
  • Like 1

Another nice try at trolling, and another FAIL. At least you're consistent.  :thumbsup:

Go smack your bar into a tree and break your fingers when the tree slams the clutch/brake lever into them, pinching them between the lever and the bar. Then get back to us on how good you feel about not running those "ugly" hand guards.

• Like 2

I have Enduro Engineering handguards on my KTM. They have a more solid mount than anything else I've used. They seem to stay put after a crash.

P5090927_zpsc937d0d7.jpg

TTAvatar2_zps034f8f5a.png

HP.....I agree with you. Handguards are ugly and known wrist breakers. You should not use them if they are going to effect your riding confidence. Sometimes when riders get to your level it can also be difficult for them to adapt to something new on their bike, especially if it messes with their mojo. I think you should go out and run some fast single track and prove to us "bling lovers" that handguards are just another redundant accessory to waste our money on ;)

Personally, I'll likely never reach such levels of proficiency, so I'll take all the protection I can get...

• Like 1

I have Enduro Engineering handguards on my KTM. They have a more solid mount than anything else I've used. They seem to stay put after a crash.

P5090927_zpsc937d0d7.jpg

TTAvatar2_zps034f8f5a.png

HP.....I agree with you. Handguards are ugly and known wrist breakers. You should not use them if they are going to effect your riding confidence. Sometimes when riders get to your level it can also be difficult for them to adapt to something new on their bike, especially if it messes with their mojo. I think you should go out and run some fast single track and prove to us "bling lovers" that handguards are just another redundant accessory to waste our money on ;)

Personally, I'll likely never reach such levels of proficiency, so I'll take all the protection I can get...

There are two levels of protection in this sport.

Not Enough, and Not Nearly Enough.

• Like 2

Plastic milk carton, couple zip-tyes and a boxcutter

P5210299_zpsebfbac1d.jpg

:)

even better yet is a plastic bucket from Home Depot if you gotta KTM.  Lowes if ya gotta Yamaha

Edited by Slackkinhard
  • Like 4