Sign in to follow this  

Leaking stator cover 2014 SM

Ebay is ALOT cheaper than what the dealer will quote you. just go over the sellers reviews... I would reccomend buying from a poster with atleast 96% good feedback.

TT parts store or Wheeling Cycle Supply have them (the TT case savers that is). Both wonderful places to do business with!

Edited by Wisconsinite762

My fiance dropped it and rammed the brake lever into the case splitting it.. :-(

Then thats the clutch side,  not the stator side.

yep,  that happens all the time,  while you remove it you might as well do the primary nut loctite fix.

Yes

Also needs to be clean and free of any oil before putting jb weld on

That's what I thought. The bike doesn't even have 600 miles on it lol would you jb weld or replace? Naturally I'm buying case savers regardless of which route I take.

Thanks

Personally I'd replace it. There is a risk that the jb weld doesn't hold if not applied correctly or if the surface isn't completely free of oil when applied and it ends up coming loose inside the motor. That would be very bad.

• Like 1

Personally I'd replace it. There is a risk that the jb weld doesn't hold if not applied correctly or if the surface isn't completely free of oil when applied and it ends up coming loose inside the motor. That would be very bad.

Thanks, I'll get that ordered when I'm able.