Sign in to follow this  

drz 125, will a LT-4WD cam fit? like a 230 ?

i've read up and seems like a 230 cam will work, i'm wondering if thats the same camshaft as the lt-4wd 250?

if the lt-4wd cam is the same and will it work?

is this what people call the 230 cam? if not, will it fit, and what kind of change could i expect from the powerband?

I have a lt-4wd camshaft in my hand and wondering if i should try to put it in.

thank you for helping if you can.

these are the machines my lt-4wd cam fits.

i tried to measure it with my harbor freight digital caliper..

i get 33.77mm and 28.12mm for 5.65 or .220

and  33.16mm and 28.08mm for 5.07 or .200

i have no idea what this means or if i measured it right... lol

if i get bored i'll try to put it in. 

i shoe-horned it in there...

by my mysterious measurements, i get on the old cam...

33.14 and 28.02 for 5.12mm, .201?

33.06 and 28.00 for 5.06mm, .200?

so the new one is a .220/.200.. i guess... lol

spent more time in a search and recovery of my timing tensioner plunger more than anything.  :banghead:

of course i can't ride it because 'm waiting for rear wheel bearings from flea-bay ultra slow handling. i got my other parts from rocky mtn already and ordered them after i made the order on flee bay... anyway's it runs, seem to run and rev strong on my bike stand..  :thumbsup:

Edited by over rev

so i go for a test ride after doing a bunch of work.. and i noticed it has a bunch of torque... 

i thought, hey, i know what thats good for.. i popped a few wheelies in the back yard but ran out of space so i headed to the street. yup you guessed it. i popped the clutch in second and it flipped right over on me before i could say boo.

problem is, i'm ok but i pulled a muscle in my back real bad when i fell off the back and can hardly sit here and breath much less walk around. good christmas.. all that work and i still can't ride it. 

i can ride wheelies fine and have all my life, i just wasn't expecting nearly as much torque. i popped the clutch and it immediately flipped over on me.