Sign in to follow this  

XR650R: Wheels from other bikes that bolt on (street)

All: I have a 2001 XR650R street-legal.

The bike has stock wheels with street tires. I am looking to swap the street tires for DOT knobbies.

Looking to buy another set of street wheels to bolt on. Looking at these Supermoto rims/tires/rotors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261084399887?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Alternative to going the 17" SuperMoto route, are there any STREET wheels that will bolt onto the XR650R, such as CBR, Shadow, or Harley wheels?

Thanks!

RObert  

CBR wheels seem to be popular swap but far from bolt ons. Don't know of anything but respoking and rim at a reasonable cost. I'm working on my first set of SM 17s now. Not cheap even on the cheap.

I bought a 19" front wheel off an NX250 from Ebay that bolted right on with a bearing change.  I am also running a '93 YZ250 rear wheel that only required one thick washer on the brake side to work.  FYI

• Like 1

CBR wheels seem to be popular swap but far from bolt ons. Don't know of anything but respoking and rim at a reasonable cost. I'm working on my first set of SM 17s now. Not cheap even on the cheap.

What rims are you going with? Are you using the stock hubs? Im going to be doing this soon also. Probably going with excel tagawhatevertheyare rims but i havent decided yet.

I bought a 19" front wheel off an NX250 from Ebay that bolted right on with a bearing change.  I am also running a '93 YZ250 rear wheel that only required one thick washer on the brake side to work.  FYI

Exellent, Off to the wreckers tomorow!

Backwoods Bomber, on 22 May 2014 - 8:54 PM, said:

What rims are you going with? Are you using the stock hubs? Im going to be doing this soon also. Probably going with excel tagawhatevertheyare rims but i havent decided yet.

A stock xl600 2.50x17 DID, haven't decided on hub and forks front, aftermarket (probably the same brand Chinese Warp wheels use) 4.25x17, Buchanan spokes, stock hub rear.

• Like 1

Have you guys tried the Warp 9 SM wheels for XR650R? $1300 shipped with rims, tires, rotors 

I have Warp 9 SM hoops laced to my stock hubs with stainless spokes on my street supermoto setup (I swap dirt to SM), they seem pretty beefy. Ridden them on rocky, rutted trails that a supermoto shouldn't be on, and hit some decent sized jumps to flat, cement landings over and over without issue. They seem to be holding up great. In fact I may throw the SM setup back on for the summer. I hear their customer service is top notch as well.