Sign in to follow this  

Question about tubes

Completely new to using tubes except when I did BMX in high school. Kinda different now that my bike has a motor and about three times thick of tires. I ride a 2009 DRZ400 SM and I found a perfect match to fit my front (120/70/17) now I just need a match for my rear (150/60/17). Which tubes can I use for the rear or what can I get away with using, rather?

Also, on a side note, I have an Edelbrock carb and finding that there's damn near no jetting kit or anything to fix my hanging idle. Thinking of killing two birds with one stone and upgrading to an FCR 39 to get better performance and level out my idle. Ideas?

Thanks for the help everyone. All comments are appreciated. :)

Bloc/CarsOnCars

• Like 1

Completely new to using tubes except when I did BMX in high school. Kinda different now that my bike has a motor and about three times thick of tires. I ride a 2009 DRZ400 SM and I found a perfect match to fit my front (120/70/17) now I just need a match for my rear (150/60/17). Which tubes can I use for the rear or what can I get away with using, rather?

Also, on a side note, I have an Edelbrock carb and finding that there's damn near no jetting kit or anything to fix my hanging idle. Thinking of killing two birds with one stone and upgrading to an FCR 39 to get better performance and level out my idle. Ideas?

Thanks for the help everyone. All comments are appreciated. :)

Bloc/CarsOnCars

I'm not sure about the tubes but I'm sure loving the hell out of my new FCR 39 !  :ride:

standard tube will work fine with the 150/60 rear tyre any bigger than a 150 and you really have to go up a tube size

I think your FCR plan is a very good idea.....Edelbrock is a nightmare to set up due to is lack of adjustment for individual fuel circuits....

• Like 2

I think your FCR plan is a very good idea.....Edelbrock is a nightmare to set up due to is lack of adjustment for individual fuel circuits....

+1,  the dude that just bought me stock carb off CL had a Edelbrock carb on his drz and said for the past few months no matter what he did and try,  could not get it running right,  finally gave up on it.

• Like 2