Hot Weather Gear

What pants and jerseys are you guys runnin in the heat?

I had Moose Sahara gear it was great at letting air through but that stuff was junk... Bought two pairs of pants...buttons ripped off,pants came apart at the seams on both pairs to where I had a hole in the crotch the size of a football rubbed my weeny raw on the seat.

Looking for a good alternative.....hopefully cheap on clearance.....

What kind of riding? Offroad or mx? 

I've tried a bunch of different jerseys and haven't had much luck either. I've resorted to wetting down my jersey for mx. Dries in a moto, then when I get back to my truck i toss on my hyperkewl hybrid evap vest. Feels great, keeps me rejuvenated. I recommend one for hot weather mx, big time.

I had Moose Sahara gear it was great at letting air through but that stuff was junk... Bought two pairs of pants...buttons ripped off,pants came apart at the seams on both pairs to where I had a hole in the crotch the size of a football rubbed my weeny raw on the seat.

Check out the Fly Kinetic mesh tech at motorcyclecloseouts.com I picked mine up on clearance for around 50 bucks for the set and after 3 years they are still holding up well. Edited by poldies4

I didn't like the Sahara either. The Jersey didn't last long at all in the woods, it kept snagging on everything and got destroyed quickly.

I'm not blaming the brand though, vented gear just doesn't hold up here in the land of thorns and spikes that could penetrate a suit of armor.

Edited by Chokey
  • Like 3

These in heat.(true spec brand). However I use a vented jersey some days. The double layer crotch in these pants holds up fine with gripper seats.

They are cheap and breath well. Sized accordingly still fit knee braces.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

Thanks dudes.......more suggestions the better.

Just bought some Troy Lee Designs GP Air gear on closeout from RMATV. Not really my favorite colors but closeout gear rarely is..... With my 10% off code and a $50 gift card I had, a grand total of $30 outta my pocket  ?   Cant beat that.

One of the reviews claimed the pants flow more air than the Moose Sahara gear...well see. If they last more than 6 months Ill be happy.

• Like 1

I am surprised you aren't happy with the Moose Sahara gear. That's what I use, and have zero complaints after 2 years. It has held up well, and makes a huge difference in hot weather.

I wonder if maybe their quality control went out the window after you bought yours.  No joke halfway through my first ride one of the buttons tore completely off rendering them useless. I bought a new pair and forgot to return those...about 2 months later the new pants ripped at every seam including a hole in the crotch you could shove your head through. I had a tailor take the good buttons off the bad pants and used the first pair...till those ripped apart. 2 pairs of the moose sahara pants lasted less than 6 months. junk in my experience. glad you had good luck with them.

Edited by Save_A_Tree_Eat_A_Beaver

I ride nude... I get max cooling.

Anyone know why OP got banned?