Sign in to follow this  

Maybe having a gas issue?

Hey guys, I own a husqavarna 2010 WR 250. The engine is completely rebuilt and only has about 15 hours since then and I'm running a rekluse clutch also. I usually run premium and 50:1 in it but I put regular with 50:1 and its revving high in neutral and the clutch disengages fine when I pull it but when first shifting with the clutch in from stop its like its not disengaging all the way and I get a grinding feeling. Also feels like my engine is running a little hotter then normal. Only started happening since the gas was changed which is weird. All the oil and air filter and everything has been changed and maintenance on the bike is great. So I really have no idea. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

It's not impossible it could be fuel related. Whatever octane your regular pump gas is may be just low enough to be causing some predetonation.

I assume the Rekluse is new with the engine rebuild? At 15 hours on it, its well broke in and probably needs readjusting. If its dragging, it will cause heat issues. The issue happening at the same time you chose use of regular grade gas may just be a coincidence.