Sign in to follow this  

California Noob dirt bike owner needing advice on where to ride in LA/IE area

Hey all, 

Just purchased a KTM EXC 500 for me and a TTR-125 for my girlfriend. Both of us have been riding streets for some time and decided to try our hands on dirt riding. 

Went on a ride with some friend out to Stoddard Wells and had a blast. Now I am addicted and looking for more places to ride that is easy as I am a total noob.

Can anyone give some recommendations for easy trails or areas to ride in for noobies? 

Cleghorn is closest to where we are at, but last time I stopped by that area, all I saw were 4x4 heading out there, so that kind of scared me away. 

Saw someone saying Baldy Mesa is pretty nice, but is it good for someone with virtually no dirt experience? 

Did some research online, but the info on most of the websites I visited are fairly old... Anyone know of a good website I can go to get some current info? 

Any recommendation/advice/input would be greatly appreciated!

i ride around my yard.......pretty big .38 acres got lost last weekend

huehuehuehue time for a gps

Bet you get lost puting on your underwear. Just remember, BROWN IN BACK! Your welcome.

That's what I was taught.

Thanks for the link BOLT aka Jeff!  

For Baldy Mesa, do you know if we can just park our truck by the second train track to stage?  Are there dirt "paths" to follow for new riders?

Thanks! 

Thanks for the link BOLT aka Jeff!

For Baldy Mesa, do you know if we can just park our truck by the second train track to stage? Are there dirt "paths" to follow for new riders?

Thanks!

Yes on parking at the bridge. As far as paths,not really,more like stay on the fire road. There are some other routes up there, just not for beginners.

Why not go back to Stoddard? Lots of land out that way.

If your looking for more mountain type riding, stage at MillerCanyon, fire roads all the way up.

HEYbilly,

Miller Canyon looks like fun as some of the roads seems shaded.  Is the staging area right there off of 138 and Miller Road?  If so, it seems that there are two fire roads, one going directly north.  The other heading east, then curving north.  Which one would you recommend for new riders? 

RayW I will be at baldy Mesa Saturday , testing out new shocks. More than welcome to tag along, ride at 9am.

Thanks for the invite Dirt Spicer, I won't be able to ride on Saturday as I am heading out of town... Maybe next time?? 

Awe, this thread has so much love in it...

Bwahahaha...

Don't be jealous there is plenty of love to go around for the dirt brothers. time for a group hug

• Like 1