Ssr 125 chain and air filter upgrade

• TT Sponsor
Uni Filter Foam air filter Oil Spray
Part No: 82-1000

uff-100.jpg&h=600&w=216&zc=1

Chemicals present additional challenges to the mail order system and cannot be Air Shipped
This product is only for sale in the USA lower 48 contiguous states 

Uni Foam filter oil allows maximum airflow while keeping the dirt and dust out

Includes:Uni 5.5oz aero-oil

NO AIR SHIPPING CHEMICALS

Uni Filter 1.5" 
Foam Angle Pod Air Filter
Part No: UNI-UP4152AST

51ezNzTlctL._SL500_AA280_.jpg&h=250&w=25

Top quality Uni Filter With Dual stage and Angle Boot

Inside Diameter 1.5" /38mm

4" long Filter

Renthal Gold Chain 420 x 130 Length
Part No: W-25-2130

product_offroad_chain.jpg&h=152&w=250&zc

The R1 Works Chain has the following features:

• Shot-peened alloy steel side plates for high tensile strength and maximum impact load resistance

• Chamfered inner links to reduce the chance of chain derailment

• Extended bushings to reduce friction between outer and inner link plates, maximising power output

• Chromised bearing pins for excellent resistance to wear

• Gold colour side plates help prevent corrosion

• Most perfectly matched chain for Renthal chainwheels allowing maximum power at the rear wheel.This also extends the life of both the chain and chainwheels

420 x 130 links

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • TT Sponsor

double check if its 10mm or 12mm

a few ssr 125s are 12mm but most all pit bikes are 10mm

should be 

NGK 10mm Spark Plug for 50's & 110's
Race 7
Part No: NGK-C7HSA

ngk-plug.jpg&h=187&w=250&zc=1

NGK SPARK PLUG C7HSA
Spark Plug for CRF50 , KLX110s and Pit Bikes that take 10mm plugs 
1 heat range colder than stock for Race applications and Larger Builds 

(CR6HSA is the Stock size CRF50 KLX110 Plug)

• TT Sponsor
Maxima Maxum 4 Premium 4 Cycle Oil
Part No: 34901

Premium4-10w40.jpg&h=381&w=250&zc=1

Chemicals present additional challenges to the mail order system and cannot be Air Shipped
This product is only for sale in the USA lower 48 contiguous states 

This is our recomendation for Larger YX ZS type Pit bike engines 
Maxum4 Premium Premium Petroleum Blend Non synthetic 
Promotes good clutch action 
Smoke resistant break in qualities

4-Cycle Motorcycle Specific Oil 10w40 Maxima’s Maxum4 Premium is a superior product featuring advanced additive technology in the development of highly stable and long life multi-grade motorcycle specific oil. By using an exclusive blend of petroleum base stocks and advanced anti-wear, anti-shear additives, this product assures viscosity stability for 4-cycle engines with integrated transmissions. This formula also has extra anti-scuff additives to handle extreme loads and peak temperatures in high performance engines. Premium Petroleum Blend

• 2 months later...

All pit bike chains will stretch. When they don't stretch any more there worn out. I changed my chain out for a 40 grade farm chain because there cheap and stronger. A length of chain and bag of master links (5) was around 25$. They still stretch and wear out but not as quick. Pit bike chains should be checked every 2 hours of riding and if you ride with a backpack keep extra chain oil with you.

• 3 weeks later...

all these part suggestions are right on.  I would put 100% synthetic 20/50 weight oil in for summer, and the 10/40 for winter, these bikes run HOT.  Install an oil cooler will really help save the motor a bit longer.   The chain is  made from Chinese STEEL, which really is the lowest quality steel made in the world as far as I am concerned, so the chains and rims will fail quickly.  Keep eye on spoke adjustments, and air pressures should be high at 20 pounds to prevent rim rounding out.  Once your chain stops needing adjusting, remove it and replace it right away, do not attempt to keep riding it with a chain that no longer stretches out because  the chain will brake and destroy something in the process.  Move your handle bars back as far as you dare to keep weight off front wheel.  These bikes suck in the dry sand.  Put a sand mud tire on front, like M31 or better. Adjust them valves frequently.  Bleed brake fluids almost completely out, mine came out BLACK.. a no no.  I have extra large gas tank on mine and still only get 2 hours of riding time before its almost empty.  so if  your mountain trail riding, keep track of how long the engine has been running and turn back after one hour out, or push it home, ha ha.

My rear shock blew out the seal after only about 15  hours of riding time.  Check your rear shock for wear of the spring against the shock body, if this is happening,  your Chinese steel spring is bent putting pressure on shaft and seals.  I replaced both the shock and spring, now I am happy.  Keep an eye on this bike, do your maintenance and you should be ok

Gary 2013 SSR 125 TR