04 yz85 clutch push rod stuck!

Hi I am rebuilding an 04 yz85. I'm going through the clutch right now and as I am trying to disassemble the clutch the PUSH ROD will not come out . I believe that it is supposed to be removed just by pulling it out... Please help..... I don't know what to do!!

My 2003 yz 85 has the same problem pls help. I removed clutch cover and clutch. Push rod one was removed with a little ball at the end. Push rod two is still in the. How do i get it our. Ive took off the clutch arm lever. 

Pull the actuator arm, and blow air through it. The rod will come out. Don’t loose the ball if it’s still inside. 

• Like 1

Okay so i pulled the actuator arm already. Push rod # 2 is still in the middle of the shaft. And the push rod #1( as in the pic.) Is out and a little ball on the end of it. Ill take a pic and post. 

On 1/15/2018 at 6:53 PM, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

Pull the actuator arm, and blow air through it. The rod will come out. Don’t loose the ball if it’s still inside. 

8 minutes ago, Mat85 said:

Still have the same problem

Did you try this?

Do you have enough lube inside the axle?

Does it move back and forth with the actuator arm? 

Can you find a thin magnetic pencil? Would have to be a real strong one.

Can't get it out, engine has to come out, and be split. 

Is there a reason it has to come out? 

Yes it moves a little and it needs to come out cuz its bad or the actuator arm is bad. When i pull the clutch it doesnt do anything. So i took the clutch cover off and watched it barley engage and disengage

And why is the ball at the end of the push rod i thought it was suppose to move freely ?

Have you measured the clutch plates for correct thickness and to be within spec? Plates are more of a wear item than the pushrod. 

You must have rust inside the axle cause they usually just fall out. Maybe spray pb blaster let soak. If you take arm out might be able to get wire or something to push it alitte.  Work back and fourth might come out. Only other way is like doc said split it ☺

You must have rust inside the axle cause they usually just fall out. Maybe spray pb blaster let soak. If you take arm out might be able to get wire or something to push it alitte.  Work back and fourth might come out. Only other way is like doc said split it

Thank yall so much i havent had time to mess with it really. If i have to split the case ill just bring it to the shop. Ive never split one and really dont want to mess the trans up. But thank yall for all the advice. Im going to get some pb blaster and a magnet this evening.!
Have you measured the clutch plates for correct thickness and to be within spec? Plates are more of a wear item than the pushrod. 

I have not just messured the plates. They looked good. But my inner hub only had a few indentions.

11 minutes ago, Mat85 said:

Thank yall so much i havent had time to mess with it really. If i have to split the case ill just bring it to the shop. Ive never split one and really dont want to mess the trans up. But thank yall for all the advice. Im going to get some pb blaster and a magnet this evening.!

I have not just messured the plates. They looked good. But my inner hub only had a few indentions.

Did you tipping over to the right see if falls out?

Did you tipping over to the right see if falls out?

Yupp. Tipped it over and hit the stator side with a rubber mallet
  • Like 1

Yupp. Tipped it over and hit the stator side with a rubber mallet

The ball isnt in there. Just the other push rod. The ball is connected to this push rod is that suppose to be like this? 20180115_220356.jpg

47 minutes ago, Mat85 said:

The ball isnt in there. Just the other push rod. The ball is connected to this push rod is that suppose to be like this? 20180115_220356.jpg

No, it's all supposed to be loose from each other. 

No, it's all supposed to be loose from each other. 

Yeah so im assuming thats my problem.. i was going to get new clutch disc amd springs anyway.

Yeah so im assuming thats my problem.. i was going to get new clutch disc amd springs anyway.

Forgot to mention it did take a little force to gdt the push rod out.

That poor bike has been dry for a while. For the rod to rust and lock inside means it has not been ran for some time, was stored where it can get moisture in the engine, an had a rough life. 

• Like 1