Sign in to follow this  

2001 ktm 300 exc help

hey guys so I have a 2001 300exc 2 stroke.over the last few weeks I have been having problems fouling plugs left and right. ever since I got it, it hasn't been right. I took the bike in to have it comed over to make sure everything looked good. my bike guy told me everything looked good so I took it home and it ran horable. so I took it back and he said it needed to be rejeted. when I got it back it was harder then ever to kick over. I took it to the dunes and ended up fouling 3 plugs in one day and I was riding it hard. finely it got to the point it wouldn't start unless I bump started it. so the other day I took it all apart cleaned the hell out of the carb and put it all back together. for the first time ever it kicked over first kick even after not running for 2 weeks. yesterday I took the bike out and with in 15 min of hard riding the bike just died. sounded like I fouled another plug. and ever sense I have got it it has been driving black tar looking stuff out of the exhaust out of all connecting points. and I just changed the packing. can some one please help me and let me know what to check or change ? I can't keep taking it to my mechanic. and I just run a full synthetic oil one bottle for 5 gallons and I mix it to the dot. some one please help. 5419715023. that even my phone number if someone could text me with some advice or help thanks much.

so I put the jet in the carb for a leaner ride. I leaned my fuel out so I used less oil and my needel in my carb I dropped it down one notch. that helped the most. no more black tar and for starting it, every bike has its own personality per say, but what I found Was to find tdc and then push one click down then let it all the way up and it should fire right up. let me know if u still can't get it. and fyi my bike runs better now that I worked on it the when I spent 500 in 3 trips to the bike mechanic.