Lighting coil/stator for Kx250

Hey guys sorry if there is a thread already touching on this topic, please provide a link if there is.

I have a 1996 Kx250 that is ready to hit the road.  The only thing I am missing is a lighting coil or stator.  I bought one off steahlyoffroad.com but it's been out of stock for a long time.  I need to find a new provider for this coil but Ricky Stator says that the coil will only produce about 10 watts, not the 35 watts stated on steahly's website...  

I don't know what to do at this point other than blowing 150 more dollars on an LED headlight, which I DO NOT want to do.  I have an LED tusk lighting kit for the signals and tail/brake light, I just need power to run my headlight.  I am only getting the headlight to pass inspection, not because I'll be doing a lot of night riding.  Please help me out with what I should do to get past this problem, thanks.

Edited by hurky4

Ok I asked him if he can rewind mine and he said, " The one you order from steahly is going to put out about 10 watts. I can make you one of those if you want. That is all you can do with your year kx." So is there something that inhibits anymore power draw because of my specific year kx?

hurk4 if you really want lights I think you can put a 91-94 KDX 250 stator, flywheel, ignition and ignition cover on your 96 and have a great system, Ebay will be your friend.

BTW where are you at in Utah, I am in Elko Nv.

Ed

Edited by no1clyde

Ok I asked him if he can rewind mine and he said, " The one you order from steahly is going to put out about 10 watts. I can make you one of those if you want. That is all you can do with your year kx." So is there something that inhibits anymore power draw because of my specific year kx?

Yes the orginal design and size of the OEM stator.

hurk4 if you really want lights I think you can put a 91-94 KDX 250 stator, flywheel, ignition and ignition cover on your 96 and have a great system, Ebay will be your friend.

BTW where are you at in Utah, I am in Elko Nv.

Ed

The LED headlight will probably end up being cheaper, and they will operate off of 10 watts. A 10 watt T6 LED headlight will give you 1000 lumens, equivalent to a 100W incandescent bulb.