XR4 MX fender conversion.

I decided to do a MX rear fender conversion on my XR4 and figured I'd post some pics if anyone is interested in doing one. It is a Polisport fender with an Acerbid rear tail light/plate mount. I think it turned out awesome still would have rather had a red fender but nothing some graphics can't fix. Let me know what you think!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400744112.449279.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400744123.565524.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400744162.483195.jpg

Long live the thumper!.... BRRRAAAAP

• Like 1

Looks good! Would be easy enough to run all white plastic and tank and set the red plastic aside for awhile. I see used white tanks on ebay all the time.

I actually have a white tank sitting in my garage just can't decide wether to run it or not.

If you trim your side panels it will give it a little more of a modern MX look too. It will also help save the tabs on your air-box in the event of you taking a dirt sample (reduces the moment arm).

Nice looking bike so you trimmed along the bottom of the panel?

Foxridere3361, on 22 May 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Nice looking bike so you trimmed along the bottom of the panel?

Yes, and not very much.  Maybe an 1 1/2".  I taped what I was going to take off first and matched the angle of the exhaust.  When I was satisfied, I used a pair of heavy duty scissors to cut it along my tape line.