Sign in to follow this  

Colorado The new Watkins MX, Jewell Motocross

I came across this on facebook. They only have about 100 likes at the moment but some promising pics. 

Does anyone have more info on the place?

I messaged the facebook page asking a few questions but more than I care about the politics behind it, Im stoked that the track is reopening.

https://www.facebook.com/JewellMotocross

MIke

I will wander down the street and look for signs of activity. I live a half mile away.

I didn't think it would stay closed long. I know that I am the only one saying that it is a cash cow, but watch what people do, not what they say, and this place is a revenue-generating facility that doesn't do anybody any good closed.

Sounds like their grand opening is May 25th at 8am. Glad to see the intermediate track re done. Going out there sunday bright and early to get seat time in before the afternoon showers. :ride:

Anyone go this weekend? Hows it look all 3 tracks improved/changed?

Was going to try to get out on sat, but the bike isn't quite right - low compression has me worried on riding the tracks on it. 

The pro track was muddier than they let on so keep that in mind. Otherwise it was similar to last year. Their Facebook page made it seem like they rebuilt the whole intermediate track but really they just rebuilt one table top. The rest is the same hard pack as last year. The Pee Wee track looks untouched. Wish they'd scrape off the kickers on the jump faces of the intermediate and pro tracks!

Looks like it's attracting the same crowds though. This dude rode for a while with no helmet and his kids were riding ATV's in the practice areas with no helmets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZf1Qxu4pA

Edited by jermag24

This dude rode for a while with no helmet and his kids were riding ATV's in the practice areas with no helmets:

You're probably not doing the track any favors by posting that.

The pro track was muddier than they let on so keep that in mind. Otherwise it was similar to last year. Their Facebook page made it seem like they rebuilt the whole intermediate track but really they just rebuilt one table top. The rest is the same hard pack as last year. The Pee Wee track looks untouched. Wish they'd scrape off the kickers on the jump faces of the intermediate and pro tracks!

Looks like it's attracting the same crowds though. This dude rode for a while with no helmet and his kids were riding ATV's in the practice areas with no helmets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nZf1Qxu4pA

Thats too bad. Looks like the same old book with a new cover.

You're probably not doing the track any favors by posting that.

Maybe if the track gets some bad publicity about it they will police it better and put a stop to it. That crap doesn't make our sport look good.

Thats too bad. Looks like the same old book with a new cover.

Maybe if the track gets some bad publicity about it they will police it better and put a stop to it. That crap doesn't make our sport look good.

Going on 10 years of hoping Watkins would "get it", never changes.  

• Like 1

I was out there on Saturday.  Their water truck is broken so the track was very dry and dusty.  The main track is absolutely the same aside from a roller section (if you can call it that).

Not too impressed.

I was out there on Saturday.  Their water truck is broken so the track was very dry and dusty.  The main track is absolutely the same aside from a roller section (if you can call it that).

Not too impressed.

Good to know. They made it seem as if the entire place underwent a facelift according to their facebook page. I was really hoping for some improvements to the intermediate and pee-wee tracks. Don't believe the hype i guess.

Good to know. They made it seem as if the entire place underwent a facelift according to their facebook page. I was really hoping for some improvements to the intermediate and pee-wee tracks. Don't believe the hype i guess.

From what I've seen they haven't said major uplift, but that its a slow process.  I guess because I'm on the middle track more now that i have to work in the morning and the "pros' tend to forget that. i give a pass on the pro track changes, and use to the lack of prep.  

I don't think they said they did anything to the pee wee yet, but that it was going to be all new - when im not sure, but thats what they said.