Sign in to follow this  

2006 cr125 exhaust choices?

I have a completely stock 2006 cr125. I'm looking to buy either a silencer or full exhaust system.

What's your guys experiences and opinions about the fmf pipes vs pro circuit. Pro circuit r304 or 304 or fmf power core 2 shorty or non shorty???

Or should I just go full system and if I did what is a good system?

I ride desert and track about equally the same, desert a slight more.

Many people say that the stock expansion chamber is the best. If you don't race it, spend your money on new pistons instead :)

Edited by unboundnrg

No I don't race it. I've heard that some too. But I heard a silencer plus stock header gives more bottom. I know it's a 2 stroke. I'm gonna keep this for a long time. Just wanting to get a pipe and it's only &100 for the pro circuit ones and $120 for the fmf ones, silencer only. I haven't had to change the piston yet. I keep my bikes good and don't abuse them.

I have a completely stock 2006 cr125. I'm looking to buy either a silencer or full exhaust system.

What's your guys experiences and opinions about the fmf pipes vs pro circuit. Pro circuit r304 or 304 or fmf power core 2 shorty or non shorty???

Or should I just go full system and if I did what is a good system?

I ride desert and track about equally the same, desert a slight more.

I got a pro circuit header and 304 factory sound silencer, makes the bike a good bit snappier, but they say the shorter the silencer, the more throttle response, but as stated before, if you don't race, and you just want the throttle response, just get the 304 silencer. The R-304 is a bit loud and unneeded in my opinion. Don't waste money on the header if you don't race. Use it for other parts like reeds or something. But if you insist then is say go all pro-circuit. I've read a lot about pro circuit is supposedly more effect than fmf but I can't give a opinion on that because I never had a full fmf system.

Well I could either get the R304 or 304. They are both $100 from rockymountainatvmc. So I could pick either one. I do ride tracks that why I would want to get the R304

If you ride tracks more than trail then I'd go with the R-304