WR400 stalls if you so much as think about toughing throttle

Picked this bike up over the winter and started stockpiling parts for a little spring mini build.

Installed the Hotcams autodecomp exhaust cam and did a full valve adjustment while I was in there.With everything back in spec I rolled the motor over a few times to make sure I was in the clear and put her back together.

Now the bike fires up first kick,no choke and holds a normal idle. Its when you try to give it any gas at all that is stalls out.

I'm wondering if I may be a tooth off on that exhaust cam.

Any info would a and I thank you guys in advance.

Dan

Edited by DannyChaos

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Life came up and prevented me from being able to wrench on her. Some free time this week, so I will go through the carb real good and make sure everything is as it should be. I did pull it and popped the bowl off figuring I would find some sludge or dirt. To my surprise it was spotless? I'll keep you guys posted and again, Thank you

Alright. Carb cleaned and it definitely helped. Starts very easy, holds a pretty normal idle. Now it has the notorious off idle bog and hangs up in the rpms a bit. This is currently 1 of 6 bikes I own, the only one with a single carb besides my xr50 and the only one I'm having problems with lol.