Sign in to follow this  

Suspension question about KTM Vs Husky

SO - we all know these are "almost" the same.  My question is about type of syspension.  Hopefully one of you guys can add some clarity.  Does a 2014 "XCF model (linkage)" and 2014 "FE model" share common forks and Shock?  Or does these parts of the bike not the same?  

Trying to break down the "almost" part of this conversation with regards to suspension.

Parts are the same as of the 2014 model year. Husky will eventually have alternative components, but the rumors are not for 2015. 

Do you know if they have the same valving Tye?

Do you know if they have the same valving Tye?

According to the West Coast rep for Husky, they are identical. But its model to model obviously... wherever the 4CS is on KTM's, its on the Husky, wherever the cc forks are on the KTM its on the similar Husky. Valving SHOULD be identical... The only difference between the KTM and Husky in the 2014 model year is mostly cosmetic; plastic subframe, fuel tank, plastics design, etc...

So in actual fact you don't know and are going off hear say.

• Like 1

So in actual fact you don't know and are going off hear say.

Its the rep's job to know the bike inside and out. If he doesn't, then he would get fired. Its not rocket science, memorize the differences or someone else will.

Its the rep's job to know the bike inside and out. If he doesn't, then he would get fired. Its not rocket science, memorize the differences or someone else will.

What have you heard from Jody Weisel and Roger DeCoster when you're out riding at the KTM test track? You still pretty tight with them these days?

What have you heard from Jody Weisel and Roger DeCoster when you're out riding at the KTM test track? You still pretty tight with them these days?

Dean Wilson is replacing Kenny on KTM next year? They're testing a brand new WP fork, nobody was willing to say anything about it. Umm... KTM's rock? :shrug:

What else do you wanna know?

I rode a friends new '14 Husky FE350 this weekend for about 40miles.  Not sure what the setup difference is, it was bone stock off the showroom floor, but didn't have that notorious KTM stinkbug feel to it.  Let another guy ride it that normally rides a KTM, he said same thing...."hey this don't feel like a KTM"

Edited by Slackkinhard

I rode a friends new '14 Husky FE350 this weekend for about 40miles.  Not sure what the setup difference is, it was bone stock off the showroom floor, but didn't have that notorious KTM stinkbug feel to it.  Let another guy ride it that normally rides a KTM, he said same thing...."hey this don't feel like a KTM"

Thats because its a 2014 linked bike. Your buddies probably have no experience with the 2013+ linked bikes, which resolve those problems.

He has a 300 smoker with linkage, and even though I think it's better than the PDS bikes, it still has that KTM 'cab-fwd' feel to it.  The 350 Husky didn't....more neutral

He has a 300 smoker with linkage, and even though I think it's better than the PDS bikes, it still has that KTM 'cab-fwd' feel to it.  The 350 Husky didn't....more neutral

Do you mean sitting on the bike? Because the seat arrangement is totally different.

Do you mean sitting on the bike? Because the seat arrangement is totally different.

Are you a Factory KTM test rider? Test rider for the magazines?

riding the bike.  I ride craploads of different bikes, and KTM's out of the box are setup different.  This particular Husky FE350 I rode last weekend did not have that same feel.  Can't imagine not having a kicker installed, but other than that I was pleasantly surprised.  Easy to ride, neutral setup.  Motor ran like it should, the clutch was butter smooth.

Edited by Slackkinhard