Sign in to follow this  

Brake problems

I have a drz sm. The front brake has no pressure. I rebuilt the master cylinder and still have no brakes. There is no loss of fluid. What am I missing?

Air in the line. 

Sometimes you can crack open the upper line bolt and get it out that way. 

Sometimes u can push the pads in and force fluid back up into the reservoir.

Mityvacs are $35 on ebay. I have one sitting on my front porch right meow.

Zip Ty the brake lever to the bars overnight, sometimes that works

My favorite way to bleed brakes (if there is a "favorite" way lol) is to use a vacuum pump at the bleeder to suck the fluid through the system. I rigged up a turkey Baster and some fuel line and it worked like a charm

The brake lever builds no pressure. I took the brake line off and pulled the brake lever. Nothing comes out. The rebuild kit didn't come with a new piston just rubber seals. Maybe I need a new master cylinder?

If you have trouble getting all the air out of the system try bleeding from the bottom. I use a big syringe i bought at a feed store with some tubing attached to it. Fill it with brake fluid and push the fluid into the bleeder bolt till it fills the master cylinder.

I have a drz sm. The front brake has no pressure. I rebuilt the master cylinder and still have no brakes. There is no loss of fluid. What am I missing?

Try this.....Bleed it from the banjo bolt on the master cylinder.  Pump the lever a few times and hold it down while you crack the banjo bolt, snug the bolt up then release lever.  It should gradually build pressure.  Do this over & over & over, it takes a while and it's messy but it should work.  This procedure is called ' Bench Bleeding '.   :banghead:

Tried that still no pressure at all. Thinking the piston is toast. I might need a new master cylinder?

Tried that still no pressure at all. Thinking the piston is toast. I might need a new master cylinder?

Expensive, but that would be my guess.  :angry: