Sign in to follow this  

1990 rm250 build

I just bought a 90 rm250 and was tearing it down to discover the cylinder has been sleeved, bored out and ultimately cracked. I am looking to buy a replacement model l cylinder.

Eric Gorr or Millennium Plating might have one that they can sell you.  If you do get one from them buy a piston kit from them as well, it'll be correctly sized with all the pieces ready to install.

Thank you I called both today as well as several others. No one is int in sleeving it as it current sleeve is cracked nor did they have any to sell. I did however find a couple for sale one new and one used at a recycler.

Thank you I called both today as well as several others. No one is int in sleeving it as it current sleeve is cracked nor did they have any to sell. I did however find a couple for sale one new and one used at a recycler.

I'm not much for sleeves, but have you considered just having a new sleeve installed?  Buying a used clyinder is definitely a good way to go, just be sure to inspect the bore ~ you could end up with another sleeved cylinder or one that needs to be replated.

I did ask about sleeving the one I have, but because its cracked no one wants to press out the old sleeve. I am going to replate the used one I ordered cost is comparable to sleeving. I bought the pair of RM's as project bikes for the kid and I.