Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota Meadow Valley Trail Rides

Not sure if you're all aware, but apparently Meadow Valley is opening up for some trail ride weekends this summer.  For some reason, they're not too big on the advertising, at least from what I've seen, so here goes:  www.meadowvalleymx.com .  Looks like the first one is this coming weekend.  Might be cool to check out something different. 

They were at Theilman handing out a brochure to everyone.  I rode some of their trails 2 years ago during deer hunting season.  It looks like they have more now.  I expect they will have some challenging hill climbs.  I don't know if the picture with the husaberg is from there trails, but it looks like a hill I tried climbing a few times but could not make it up.  I'd like to give it a try again but will probably wait until deer hunting season when everything else is closed. 

I'm a big fan of Meadow Valley.  The new website is nice!

Edited by toadl

Interesting, we should check this out once your arm works again.

Look who's back!  Yes and yes.  Think Bill and/or Kevin may swing down this weekend in case you want to join them.  The Husky lives! 

Sure, right after I talked myself out of riding on Monday so I can catch up on other things, I see this.  

Missed the fliers at Theilman, will definitely have to check it out.  

Sure, right after I talked myself out of riding on Monday so I can catch up on other things, I see this.

Missed the fliers at Theilman, will definitely have to check it out.

Plenty of time to talk yourself back into it!

This is great to hear, thanks for the tip! Trails this close to the twin cities are worth a lot to me. Besides Nemadji, I had been riding often at Arkansaw, WI on their limited woods trails, but I think it was last year they built a road for housing development on the back valley. I lost my riding buddy due to divorce and his move out of state last year too. If you guys see me, #69, say "hello".

What about going to this pace alone?   I generally dislike riding alone due to safety reasons but with a trail ride isn't there a sag wagon and trail guides/marshals?

Should be good with other riders there.

If you go, report back!  Or better yet, take some video.  I really want to check it out but won't be able to until fall.

Should be good with other riders there.

If you go, report back!  Or better yet, take some video.  I really want to check it out but won't be able to until fall.

unfortunately my gopro hit the ground along with my R6 at BIR last summer and hasn't worked quite right since, nor has my bank account.  I was hoping to hear that for an answer, I want to ride my bike and trouble shoot a possible problem in a controlled environment. 

Had a great time. Did 3 1/2 loops and almost killed 8 turkeys per lap. Good challenging trails and nice to ride something other than state park double track. I recommend going.

Good to hear.

How many riders were out there?  How long did it take you to make a single loop?

I seemed to be the only one on the trail all day. There was maybe 4 guys on the big mx track throughout the day and a herd of kids running around on minis on the smaller track. a lap is Right around an hour with the extra 5 miles of single track section. It was dry and quick but really technical. I was pretty sore all weekend.

• Like 1