Sign in to follow this  

Interesting News From Yoshimura

So I emailed Yoshimura about jetting before I ordered my jet kit and found their response a little interesting. I would think that their advice would create a lean condition. Unless of course you do the jet kit.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400798148.383751.jpg

So I emailed Yoshimura about jetting before I ordered my jet kit and found their response a little interesting. I would think that their advice would create a lean condition. Unless of course you do the jet kit.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400798148.383751.jpg

so a big company doesnt have any specific advice? weird. If you were to have ordered an mrd exhaust from dave you could call him personally and he could tell you specific jetting for your setup. I called him and he told me what i could try and what other people have used. THATS customer service...

• Like 4

so a big company doesnt have any specific advice? weird. If you were to have ordered an mrd exhaust from dave you could call him personally and he could tell you specific jetting for your setup. I called him and he told me what i could try and what other people have used. THATS customer service...

I ended up going with the jd jet kit. And called them they got me all set up.
  • Like 3

I ended up going with the jd jet kit. And called them they got me all set up.

ha. cool. at least someone could help you. im terrible at jetting. if it still needs work i would ask craigo. he only charges $50 for jetting advice. its a pretty good deal. you can paypal him.. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

ha. cool. at least someone could help you. im terrible at jetting. if it still needs work i would ask craigo. he only charges $50 for jetting advice. its a pretty good deal. you can paypal him.. :thumbsup:

hmm I didn't know I owed him money lol. Maybe I got a sample trial when he helped me
  • Like 1

I'm confused? You emailed them for a jetting recommendation for a stock bike?

If you bought a Yoshimura exhaust, it comes with jetting recommendations in the instructions.

The RS2 comes with instructions saying 145 main jet.  I went with a JD kit, blue needle 4th clip and 150 main jet for my altitude.

ha. cool. at least someone could help you. im terrible at jetting. if it still needs work i would ask craigo. he only charges $50 for jetting advice. its a pretty good deal. you can paypal him.. :thumbsup:

Wow .. If this was the case ..Craigo would be running around in a Porsche , covered in bling and super models hangin' off his Arm .

• Like 3

Wow .. If this was the case ..Craigo would be running around in a Porsche , covered in bling and super models hangin' off his Arm .

:lol: ..lol2.gif.. :lol: ..lol2.gif.. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm confused? You emailed them for a jetting recommendation for a stock bike?

If you bought a Yoshimura exhaust, it comes with jetting recommendations in the instructions.

I emailed the asking for jetting when I put on the new pipe. This was the day after I ordered it and I wanted to have everything sorted out when it got here

THAT"s also ONE BIKE.  Yoshimura makes pipes for HUNDREDS of bikes. You really expect them to know about every bike?  ;)

THAT"s also ONE BIKE.  Yoshimura makes pipes for HUNDREDS of bikes. You really expect them to know about every bike?   ;)

Well, if it's included in the instructions, then yeah, they DO know it for all the bikes. :/

THAT"s also ONE BIKE.  Yoshimura makes pipes for HUNDREDS of bikes. You really expect them to know about every bike?   ;)

i expect them to know about what they sell. why would they make an exhaust for a bike without doing any testing? dave makes exhaust for more than one bike too and im willing to bet he can help with jetting for those too...

• Like 1

Well, if it's included in the instructions, then yeah, they DO know it for all the bikes. :/

You said TALK to *** about it.  Nobody at Yoshimura is going to KNOW everything about a specific bike. Yes, someone did when they were RESEARCHING. And DYNO'ING.  Not QUITE the same thing.  ;)

i expect them to know about what they sell. why would they make an exhaust for a bike without doing any testing? dave makes exhaust for more than one bike too and im willing to bet he can help with jetting for those too...

Jezzzus, I expect 1/2 a brain to figure out that yes, if there's printed info SOMEBODY did research and dyno testing. On our DRZ's it may have occured 15 years ago at a plant in Japan.

DOES NOT MEAN THERE"S SOMEONE YOU CAN TALK TO!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAR from unreasonable. 

If you can't see a difference between that and MRD, don't know what to tell ya.  ;)

Edited by MindBlower

Jezzzus, I expect 1/2 a brain to figure out that yes, if there's printed info SOMEBODY did research and dyno testing. On our DRZ's it may have occured 15 years ago at a plant in Japan.

DOES NOT MEAN THERE"S SOMEONE YOU CAN TALK TO!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAR from unreasonable.

If you can't see a difference between that and MRD, don't know what to tell ya. ;)

what does this even mean?
  • Like 2