Sign in to follow this  

Seat comfort

Love my bike but the seat is killer. Too narrow. Any ideas how to improve on it. I am making my 450 EXC street legal and will be cruising on roads of all types and trails. I even got some gel biking shorts from Amazon today. Gonna see if that helps.

just buy a seat concepts seat kit. Call them up and get a gripper top with carbon sides. you wont regret it

That's what i bought and I'm happy with it. The stock seat is a 2x4.

• Like 1

i found that the padded bicycle shorts did the trick for me.

i've done a couple 300 miles road trips on my 450xcw with the stock seat using chamios/gel padded bicycle shorts, and i was fine. ymmv, of course. but, before you get a new seat, i'd suggest just trying those padded shorts you bought and see if that works.

(the narrow, hard seat is nice for technical dirt riding...allows you to move around easily, especially while standing.)

• Like 1

i found that the padded bicycle shorts did the trick for me.

Amazing how those work eh? They are designed to work on a saddle with nearly no padding, wearing them on a seat with actual foam is like sitting on a couch...well...not really but close enough

• Like 1

E/E

Enduro Engineering!

Absolutely the most awesome seat I've ever seen on a bike.

Its soft enough for all day riding, full gripper, no slip in regular clothes as well as riding pants.

Check them out.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401112995.541177.jpgeImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401113020.525525.jpg

Seat concepts all the way. I got the low and wide seat and there's no comparison to the stock 2x4 plank seat. I ordered it with the gripper top, carbon sides, and orange stitching. Great quality, comfort, and I love how it looks!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401124361.529968.jpg

Here's the length, 30 1/4"

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401124475.812980.jpg

At the widest point, 7 1/2"

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401124557.313277.jpg

At the narrowest point, 4"

Did you order just the seat cover and foam or the complete seat? I see it's 95 dollars more for the complete seat and want to know if removing the foam is a PITA.

Edited by AKTM

I ordered the complete seat. One reason being if there was a quality issue with the material they can't say it's because I did installed wrong or whatever, and I know it would be done right! And I still have the stock seat just incase I need it down the road. To me it was worth the extra cash.

Edited by floRIDAjeepin