Summer riding in North Dakota ?

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread. I am stationed up in Minot. It's been dismal at best. Im originally from oregon and you can't drive 30 minutes without finding a cool spot to ride. Up here I have really had to get creative. I want to ride up in Bottineau but wasn't able to find any snowmobile trails. I learned today that dirt bikes arnt even supposed to be on those trails. Im not really into motorcross. I just want to find some trails to ride. Not in a farmers field ruining his crops. The only place I know of is the Kimball flats near Bismarck. Is there anything up in some hills with trees and some nice scenery? I've even been searching online and found very little. The same websites offer many choices of OHV trails for states like Oregon so I know they are up to date. If anyone has some advice help me out. My girlfriend and I are trying our best to make the best of ND. It's not easy.

Edited by WolfNman

Sorry, but I think you will need to find a different hobby.  Try puzzles.

I'll I know of is the Black Hills in South Dakota or Paul Bunyan State Forest in Minnesota.  Both are over a half hour ride.

Edited by toadl

Ish. Yeah there isn't eff all out there that I could really find. An outside the box thought is maybe try heading north into Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Did a quick 2 min search and some OHM clubs popped up north of the boarder. May be more of a drive but you and your GF could make a couple day trip out of it every couple weeks if at all possible. How long do you think you'll be stuck out there?

There is some riding to be had in the FAR NE corner of the state in the Pembina Valley.  There's even a hare scramble, strangely during harvest time.

Much of readily available trails are set up for quadcycles but I've been on them with my bike.  It would be a better dual sport destination than a true offroad ride.

Manitoba tends to be even flatter than ND.  I'm not sure about Saskatchewan.

• 3 weeks later...

Deener- I'll be out here until the end of my enlistment. Then I'm separating or enlisting in the SC national guard for their student loan payoff benefits. I think I'll like it out there a whole lot better than here. I still would like to end up on the west coast eventually.