Sign in to follow this  

May want to check out your stock top clamp, check this out,...

I was checking out how to mod and stiffen up the front suspension on my 2012 TTR230 and discovered this, it appears to have just happened because it is a very fresh break all the way through and there is no bending or tweaking of the topclamp other then the immediate failure. So glad I checked and saw this, I ordered up the billet one offered by a seller on ebay, the only aftermarket one I could find, not going to put a cheap, stock, monkey metal one back on there. I have not ridden this bike hard at all and was really shocked when I saw this. Here is a couple of pics I just took and also a pic of the new one I have on the way. I did shim and actually preload my forks also added a small amount of oil, I added a solid 1" shim on each fork, really tightened it up nicely. Can't ride it to see just how much until my new top clamp comes in though.

brokenclamp2_zps9bba85d0.jpg

Brokenclamp_zpsc34f918b.jpg

Here is the one I just ordered, heavy price but I really like my bike and know it will be a worthy investment.

TTR230TopClamp_zpsa0a0e272.jpg

Would you mind posting a link to the clamp you bought?

Here's a current pic of the ole girl, can't wait to get my top clamp in, was hoping to be able to ride this weekend but I'm waiting on a couple of jets for my CR125 so I can get it dialed in and now this, no riding for me over the holiday, 3 day weekend, oh well.

newFender5_zps730d8d73.jpg