Sign in to follow this  

Washington China Hat pics

Several years ago I started taking friends that have never ridden China Hat with me on my annual trip to the plateau. Here are some pics from this years outing. I am sure the other guys will contribute. Had a great time as always. This place is not for everyone but most that have made the trip come back every year.

The group left on Sat afternoon. I decided to stay for a few days and do some exploring.

There is a new OHV area being developed about 45 miles south of Bend called Three Trails OHV.

So far they have put in just over 60 miles of pristine single track with hundreds more to be added.

On Monday I met John who was traveling through the area on his way to Seattle. I showed him 52 miles of some of funnest trails on the plateau. I took him to the fire look out where we met Ranger Jim and his two abuse shelter rescue dogs Rocko and Fiona. That is Rocko taking a nap on the bed.Ranger Mike was prepping the tower for the summer season.

Great place to ride. I go twice a year. Spring and Fall. Anyone is welcome to join in.

Russ

CH 2014 1.JPG

CH 2014 2.JPG

CH 2014 3.JPG

CH 2014 4.JPG

CH 2014 5.JPG

CH 2014 6.JPG

CH 2014  7.JPG

• Like 3

I'll add a few

11 riders on sat.

IMAG0039.jpg

Russ showed up with a 'spankin new 350 sure was purdy.

IMAG0038.jpg

blowin out the winter woods riding carbon

IMAG0045.jpg

come and get it

IMAG0031.jpg

a certain 500 ktm slid into home plate

2-3F877270-60527-800.jpg

Steve's bike didn't get into the group shot so gets a frame of it's own

IMAG0024.jpg

Scott did a classic high side superman in the lava rock, had to borrow a bigger glove for the next few rides.  Prognosis after wifes urging for a doc visit stretched tendon pulling chip off bone, therapy: ez dualsport riding for a time.

IMAG0030.jpg

Edited by highmarker

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you'll had a good time. Wish I could have gone.