What trail bike should I get?

I used to race 125B then 250B motocross from 13-18.

Then I got a job in the coal mines and had no time to ride anymore, and i couldnt afford to get hurt and not be able to work. So I got rid of my bikes.

So a couple of my buddies are talking about getting some bikes to go trail riding and I would really like to get back to riding some.....

I would like something like a crf450x. But I want something just a tad less aggressive and slightly more leisure riding and comfortable.....but still more aggressive and peppy than a ttr225 or crf230.......but I don't want it to be something as big and heavy as a xr650........

I'm just really not sure in which directions to go.......I'm assuming the wr450f is similar to the crf450x just not really sure any response is appreciated thanks!

The 450x is a nice bike.. so are the wr's etc.. What's your price range? ... a good 2 stroke 250 is great too.. just put a flywheel weight  , gearing and guards..and you probably could find something all set up for a great price.. no matter what brand. They all are pretty good after the basic setup. kx, cr, yz, rm.  I had a cr 250 for years that was an awesome trail bike. I recently sold it though and upgraded to a 300 rr Beta 2 stroke electric start. That is primo.. the best offroad bike I've ridden for trail to me. I also have an 09 Beta 525 that is also easy to ride in the trail and an awesome bike ... There are a bunch of great bikes out there. How tall and heavy are you ?  I'm kindah thinking a 2 stroke 250 would be a good fit..  A wrf 250 might be a good bike too.. e start.. but I'd rather a 2 stroke 250 if I used to race mx.. more fun. The Beta 350 four stroke is a bad ass bike too.. kind of the best of both worlds..They handle awesome and are super easy to ride and fast too... don't know if you can find any though. Beta's are selling out in a lot of places and might have to wait for the 15's to come out .. unless you could find a deal on a good used one.. which is a lot more economical. Parts availability etc is not an issue. I've had the fastest and easiest parts availability with Beta.. much better than all the other brands and I've had a bunch of bikes over the years..

...a 2 stroke 250 is still probably the best bang for your buck..  lots of choices.. but a 350 Beta is great.. and with a carb.. my preference than FI.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Can't go wrong with a 450. Not too heavy, around 120kg give or take a few kg's. WR's been around a while, KTM's seem popular. These 2 brands seem to be used a lot by trail riders. KTM 300 2 strokes are also popular bikes, light with power.