Sign in to follow this  

Buying used 2005-2006 KX250F

Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm looking at buying a used KX250F. There are two that I'm looking at. One is a 2005 and the other is a 2006. Is there anything I should be aware of to look out for in these bikes? Thanks in advance!!!

Well thanks everyone for the great advice on buying a used 2006 Kawi kx250f!!! Really appreciate it :)

Went and looked at the bike today and fall in love with it. It was the original owner selling the bike. The guy didn't race but he did track a lot and never did trails. He kept it in super good condition. I'll try to post some pictures and a video!

Is that a small cresent wrench welded to the cylinder head? Looks like he threw a rod or something and patched the hole with the wrench? Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Looks like a nice bike though :) What year did you go with? I'm working on getting an 06 now.

Edited by Holliman48

I got an 06 and LOVE IT!!!!! Lol no it's just a sticker hahaha. Only thing I don't know about it is right under the linkage it's dripping oil. I don't know exactly where it's coming from. I know it's not coming from the engine cuz I've been keeping an eye on the engine oil level and it hasn't moved. I think it is coming from the rear shock but there is no oil on the shock itself. But other then that it is a beast and I love it and it rides awesome!!!!

I got an 06 and LOVE IT!!!!! Lol no it's just a sticker hahaha. Only thing I don't know about it is right under the linkage it's dripping oil. I don't know exactly where it's coming from. I know it's not coming from the engine cuz I've been keeping an eye on the engine oil level and it hasn't moved. I think it is coming from the rear shock but there is no oil on the shock itself. But other then that it is a beast and I love it and it rides awesome!!!!

Maybe it's air filter oil? A overoiled filter can do that.

Is that a small cresent wrench welded to the cylinder head? Looks like he threw a rod or something and patched the hole with the wrench? Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Looks like a nice bike though :) What year did you go with? I'm working on getting an 06 now.

I think that is a decal from TZR racing:

http://www.tomzontracing.com/

Hey Matt! I'm in Decatur Il. The guy I brought it from did live in crystal lake and that's where he rode it but he moved down here and didn't have time to ride anymore so he sold it to me.

Edited by TheAce15

Hey Matt! I'm in Decatur Il. The guy I brought it from did live in crystal lake and that's where he rode it but he moved down here and didn't have time to ride anymore so he sold it to me.

Got it. I used to go to school at U of I. Enjoy the new bike!

BTW, I have a bunch of how to videos for the 2006. Let me know if interested.

That would be awesome! Is really like whatever you have to reference with anything I need to do to the bike. Are they on YouTube?

That would be awesome! Is really like whatever you have to reference with anything I need to do to the bike. Are they on YouTube?

Service manual:

http://www.howtomotorcyclerepair.com/kawasaki-kx250f-oem-service-manual-04-06/

Oil change:

http://www.howtomotorcyclerepair.com/how-to-kx250f-oil-change/

Valve adj:

Top & bottom end:

http://www.howtomotorcyclerepair.com/kx250ftopbottomrebuild/

Enjoy!