Sign in to follow this  

Drz400s oem seat foam

Is it possible to buy just the seat roam separate? I just bought the bike used and someone cut a dip in the seat and I can't stand it. I've looked and found no results. Thanks in advance ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400847802.620093.jpg

I'll be taking apart a stock seat next weekend. I'd be more than happy to send you the foam and OEM cover if you cover shipping.

Also, what ohiodrz400 said, if the cash allows get a Seat Concepts seat! That's why I'm swapping.

Edited by teejmiller
  • Like 2

Yeah,  for some reason the SC did not work for me, (seat is great, very comfy,  the wider part tho digs into me inner thighs while standing at stop lights)  sucks i really had high hopes. 

Since no one has showed any interest,  i think ill keep it and try to get used to it. 

• Like 1

I'll be taking apart a stock seat next weekend. I'd be more than happy to send you the foam and OEM cover if you cover shipping.

Also, what ohiodrz400 said, if the cash allows get a Seat Concepts seat! That's why I'm swapping.

You are a life saver Teejmiller!!! I got the oem gel foam seat on and it's 10,000 times better. Here's a pic of what I was sitting on.. Lol ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401935197.542500.jpg

Wpw, who the heck thought that was a good idea? The stock seat is already uncomfortable, full foam!

I'm glad the gel seat worked out for you. Where's pics of the final product?!

• Like 1

Honestly I have no idea. I told you I'd love to just have stock seat! Now you see why!

I'll post pics tomorrow!

Thanks again man!!

You are a life saver Teejmiller!!! I got the oem gel foam seat on and it's 10,000 times better. Here's a pic of what I was sitting on.. Lol attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401935197.542500.jpg

Actually lots of people shave the stock seat, shaving the seat not only lowers the seat height, but makes the seat wider. Its just that the person who did that one just did a 5min hack job and never polished it down smooth or trimmed it up properly. There's still plenty of foam left to be comfortable unless you weight 300+ lbs.

That's a great deal..... :thumbsup:

Yeah,  for some reason the SC did not work for me, (seat is great, very comfy,  the wider part tho digs into me inner thighs while standing at stop lights)  sucks i really had high hopes. 

Since no one has showed any interest,  i think ill keep it and try to get used to it. 

Cripes, I wish I knew that before I ordered mine a week ago...I would've bought yours.

• Like 1

I have a gel seat and it's not too uncomfortable...not sure I would spend more than an hour or so on it.

I have a gel seat and it's not too uncomfortable...not sure I would spend more than an hour or so on it.

Agreed, the gel seat is absolutely horrible. The only thing its good for is lowering the seat height. A properly shaved seat is free (if you have the tools) and works great.

I had a gel seat on an FZ1 years ago. Let me tell you, that damn thing got HOT in the sun and took a long time to cool down. It gave me swamp butt like nobody's business

Edited by Joehio

We'll I had to have something besides that horrible cut up seat. My butt is pretty tuff. I think the gel will work for now. Lol

It's definitely better than the stocker IMO but still feels like sitting on a sawhorse after a bit and I have plenty of natural padding.

Got the seat installed teejmiller! Thanks so much again!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402024179.908679.jpg

• Like 1