Sign in to follow this  

Blinker electrical Nightmare! help!

****Problem solved....there was no problem LOL!

Ugh....so last night I turn the bike on and quickly realize my rear blinker lights are both dead. They DO blink but no running lights. Brake light is fine. Front blinkers are fine. I found a schematic online but its not 100% right due to the FRONT blinkers have a 3 wire hookup and the rears only have two. What I'm super ultra confused on is how did the back ever get any type of running light? If I connect the orange or blue directly to positive that repective blinker shows up on the cluster.

Any help so my memorial weekend is not a complete fail?

I'm going to keep at it!

Edited by RidingRed2014

Ugh....so last night I turn the bike on and quickly realize my rear blinker lights are both dead. They DO blink but no running lights. Brake light is fine. Front blinkers are fine. I found a schematic online but its not 100% right due to the FRONT blinkers have a 3 wire hookup and the rears only have two. What I'm super ultra confused on is how did the back ever get any type of running light? If I connect the orange or blue directly to positive that repective blinker shows up on the cluster.

Any help so my memorial weekend is not a complete fail?

I'm going to keep at it!

ok, our bikes don't have rear running lights... the rear lights are only for blinkers... the front are the only "running" lights...  thats why there are only 2 wires to the rear marker lights...  

memorial day weekend saved!!!! score one for eyeopenher!!!   hahahaha 

• Like 4

WOW do I feel like a bonehead! After a whole year I swear it had em! Must have been due to following my harely buddies last weekend (he had a bad rear running light).

• Like 2

I thought bikes legally needed running lights all around though? I talked to my other thumper buddy and he's shocked this bike doesnt have the rear to go with the front

Well time to button her back up!!!!

Edited by RidingRed2014

yeah, it only needs the front...  it helps people determine distance better when you are approaching them.... our eye looses depth perception when its only one light...  3 lights is optimal...  but the 2 marker lights helps the minds eye judge the distance and not pull a left hand turn out in front of us...  

• Like 1

hell, in jersey i don't even need blinkers, which is weird to me.... i live in a nazi state and they are against anything fun or cool... lol   if you want, there is a web page for every state that will tell you the requirements.. but usually these bikes fit all the states...  but i am not a business/law major, so i can be just an idiot... lol